PDA

View Full Version : Practice Pan Procedure

fireflybob
20th Jun 2004, 19:24
Can anyone please tell me where the procedure for Practice Pan is listed - used to be in an AIC some time ago but I cannot locate it.

Please - no debates on whether we should do Practice Pans on 121.5 - thats been fully covered on another thread before.

whatunion
20th Jun 2004, 19:42
i thought it was in the cap book on rt phraseology and the uk air pilot

BEagle
20th Jun 2004, 20:49
See CAP413 (downloadable at http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP413.PDF ):

Radio Procedures – Practice Emergencies

Pilots may simulate emergency incidents (BUT NOT THE STATE OF DISTRESS) on 121.50 MHz to enable them to gain experience of the ATC service provided. Before calling, pilots should listen out on the emergency frequency to ensure that no actual or practice incident is already in progress. Practice calls need not disrupt a planned flight or involve additional expense in fuel or time since the pilot can request ‘diversion’ to his intended destination or cancel the exercise when necessary.
Simulated emergency calls must be prefixed ‘PRACTICE’ and should be brief, e.g:

‘PRACTICE PAN, PRACTICE PAN, PRACTICE PAN, LONDON CENTRE, G-ABCD’

The Emergency Controller will then indicate acceptance of the Practice Pan by transmitting:

‘G-ABCD, LONDON CENTRE, CONTINUE WITH PRACTICE PAN’

The Emergency Controller may instruct the pilot to call at another time, if the practice cannot be accommodated.

If a practice is accepted, the pilot should then pass his details. SSR Mode A Code 7700 should not be selected during a practice emergency exercise unless required by the Emergency Controller. Mode C should be switched on, if available.

fireflybob
21st Jun 2004, 01:09
Beagle - many thanks