PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser or David Clarke headset?

Rich146
20th Jun 2004, 18:10
Hi All

Can anyone advise me on whether to go for Sennheiser or David Clarke Headset?
I have brought my choices down to Sennheiser HME 100 special edition or David Clarke H10-13.4.
I know that the DC's are popular but have also been told by a shop that the Sennheisers are better sound quality/comfort.

Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Thanks
Rich.

Big Hilly
20th Jun 2004, 19:07
No question. DC 20-10's (FAR more comfortable than the 13.4's), it's as simple as that. . . .

Best wishes,

BH

Chilli Monster
20th Jun 2004, 19:17
Neither

Sigtronics S-58's. Even lighter than the DC's and extremely comfortable.

Big Hilly
20th Jun 2004, 19:38
Agree with you CM, Sigtronics are nice but in my experience they do seriously lack the build quality of the DC's.

Best wishes,

BH

boomerangben
21st Jun 2004, 09:11
Peltors?

Cheap, light, comfortable, robust and decent NR. Good enough for professional helo pilots, good enough for me.

But a pair of the latest Bose ANR headet - now that would be nice!

Aim Far
21st Jun 2004, 09:32
I have both of these sets and the passenger always gets the Sennheisers. I don't think they're any better or worse than the DCs - its mostly just that the DCs came first and I'm more used to them. Personally I find the DCs more comfortable and I think the microphone is maybe not so good on the Sennheisers - I have to speak louder on the odd occasions I've used them.

Sennheiser do a nicer bag if that means anything!

stuartforrest
21st Jun 2004, 14:23
Bit of a contentious headline but I have 2 Sennheiser 400 special edition ANR headsets and they are awesome. My friend has some Bose ones and he says mine are far better.

All I know is the are bloody good and reasonably priced at £325 inc VAT each.

Rich146
21st Jun 2004, 21:42
Hi All

Thanks for the diverse array of opinion here. Just so happens that I have ordered a pair of DC's H10 13.4 from Adams Direct today. Maybe now, one day I too can help someone who may well ask the same question in future.

Thanks again

Happy flying!

Rich.