PDA

View Full Version : Uk tour for hour building

Foz2
19th Jun 2004, 15:34
Uk tour for hour building...

Hi,

Ill be staring my hour building from either Denham or Stapleford very shortly and just wondering if anyone has any advice on nice places to go to (preferably cheap landing fees!!) I am planning to do a UK tour, maybe pop over to the Emerald Isle aswell as I have family in the North.

Ive got to build about 70-80 hours in about 2 months or so. Any advice on a nice route to take round the UK and maybe Ireland would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much

Foz

Flyin'Dutch'
19th Jun 2004, 16:06
Pilot and Flyer have for sure and I suspect Today's Pilot too free landing vouchers so get a copy of each (also handy if you have to wait out some bad weather!)

The AFE VFR guide gives you another 4.

So that is the first 12 landings taken care off. Landing fees are either cheap or non existant in France too, which also gives the opportunity to do some long flights.

FD

Dusty_B
19th Jun 2004, 19:02
Stay overnight at Eggesford en-route to Perranporth. Spend the weekend by the sea! Get some surfing in! The come back via Old Sarum and spend the day in Salisbury.

Long weekend sorted...

whatunion
20th Jun 2004, 11:41
i was so penniless when hour building i went to every private strip and disused airfield i could find, i even used to do go arounds at major airfields rather than land to save money. till bristol sent me a bill!!!

if your brave go to the scottish islands and scilly isles.
scotland and the islands are just fantastic.

must fly destinataions for me would be

welsh lakes and mountains

up windemere at low level

scapa flow

sumburgh

perranporth

oban

north connell

ledbury

aboyne

do got to dornoch, must be the only licenced arfield were you will be on your own with a beach 50 yds away and you probably wont be charged a landing fee.

Foz2
20th Jun 2004, 15:17
Cheers Guys,

Just wondering, coz I havent got a north chart at the moment, what the restrictions are in and around the Lake District regarding fast jets etc. When I was last up there a few months ago there were jets at low level over the windermere area everyday....

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Foz

whatunion
20th Jun 2004, 19:28
low flying jets are always going to be a problem if you fly low level. usually not so many at week ends.

FlyingForFun
21st Jun 2004, 09:49
Foz,

Have already replied to your thread in Wannabes. Agree that this subject is relevant to both forums, but maybe better, rather than posting in both places and getting two sets of replies, to keep all the replies on one forum, and just to link to it from the other forum?

I won't repeat my reply here, because you can find it in Wannabes!

FFF
-------------