PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Cabin Baggage

asterix4816
19th Jun 2004, 12:05
As of the 28th June Ryanair's cabin baggage with increase from 7kg to 10kg. This means effectively you will get the same allowance as most other locos.
eg Easyjet 20 checked + 5 cabin = 25
Ryanair 15 checked + 10 cabin = 25

not like ryanair being generous. Mr o'leary must be ill!!

sparkymarky
19th Jun 2004, 13:22
You may find the plan is to have less passengers checking in baggage. More carrying on.

witchdoctor
19th Jun 2004, 14:40
I bloody hope so. It's a nightmare trying to complete the AAA check with the manual check in. The flight deck certainly won't wait for the paperwork to arrive on the apron and it's rarely completed properly anyway, so good riddance to checked in bags if true.:D

FinalsToLand
20th Jun 2004, 11:22
The flight deck certainly won't wait for the paperwork to arrive on the apron

Make him wait! Dont let the ramp lads push the acft until it is completed.

F.T.L

Chef
21st Jun 2004, 00:02
Yes How generous of MOL hand baggage increasing to 10Kgs but the excess bagagge charges are also going up to £4.50/KG
:cool:

bacardi walla
22nd Jun 2004, 09:35
carrying baggage will soon be more expensive than the flights !!

In trim
23rd Jun 2004, 04:48
witchdoctor,

I agree with F.T.L.....make the aircraft wait.

Are you putting your name and signature to paperwork which demonstrates AAA is complied with, even though you know it's not? Be it on your head if that ever went wrong.

Do you recognise what you are signing accountability for. Remember Lockerbie.

In trim.

witchdoctor
23rd Jun 2004, 11:07
Rest easy folks. Just because the flight deck don't view it as a good enough reason to be kept sitting on the apron doesn't mean to say it doesn't happen. Fortunately our system has just changed from manual to CODECO and all the relevant info is in my grubby little paw much sooner now anyway.

I'm sure, given half the chance, the skipper would leap off the flight deck and sign the MDF himself if it meant he could get away on time. :}

Torquelink
23rd Jun 2004, 12:08
I think I read somewhere that, after removing window blinds, seat recline, seat pockets etc, the next "advace" MOL wants is to do away with checked bags. Maybe he should buy a fleet of IL86s - as I recall pax boarded up airstairs to lower deck, put bags on racks and then went up staircase (with, I seem to remember, a nice varnished wood hand rail) to the main deck. :D