PDA

View Full Version : Instructing without IR or twin rating?

Tip tank
30th Dec 2000, 15:53
In a moment of weakness, I have decided to turn my PPL into a CPL, not because I want to fly airliners for a living, but because I love flying and have always fancied being an instructor. I alrady have a full time job, but love the idea of instructing at weekends.

I am planning to do the whole lot on singles at a JAA school in the US and don't want to do an IR as I will probably never need to use it.

Does anybody think that I may have problems finding part time work without the benefit of the instrument rating or any real multi time? I am really just interested in teaching the basic PPL syllabus, so may not need all these additional ratings and I don't remember my old QFIs in Edinburgh having IRs.

Many thanks....

------------------
...was that TO or FROM?

Mr B. Tupp
30th Dec 2000, 16:01
You will have no problem finding work without the IR and Multi ratings, infact that will make you more attractive to the average flying school as you are not qualified to go anywhere else so they will feel that they can rely on you.
Also at most flying schools (I'm assuming that you want to teach in the UK) they usually pay their part time instructors a higher hourly rate than their full timers!
If you need any more help just post back and I'll see what I can do.
Good Luck!