PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Beaune

Hampstead
18th Jun 2004, 08:19
Hi,

I'm planning to fly from EGLK to Beaune later in the summer. Anyone out there have any tips/local info on Beaune airfield ?

Thanks,

H

DubTrub
18th Jun 2004, 08:47
Nice quiet friendly place, fuel (100LL) available.

Beautiful little walled town, well worth the visit.

phoenix son
18th Jun 2004, 10:05
Best tip - Stay well away from the bigger, faster and scarier Mirages that live just down the road at Dijon!;)
Seriously though, there is a chateau at Savigny-les-Beaune that is well worth the visit - As well as buying excellent home-produced wines, there are various museums within the grounds, showing cars, motorbikes, tractors and around 60 jet aircraft up to Mirage 4 size, all in the gardens of the property.

www.chateau-savigny.com will tell you more (Get Google to translate for you!)

PHX

Fly Stimulator
18th Jun 2004, 10:54
As others have said, Beaune is a lovely spot.

Beaune Challanges airfield is fine - a nice hard runway with clear approaches in both directions.

Have a look at the plate for it here (http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/METROPOLE/AIP/VAC/B/VAC%20AD%202.LFGF.pdf) and note the microlight circuit. There seemed to be a few around when I was there last summer.

As you approach make calls to Beaune in French on the French Unicom frequency (123.50).

You'll need a taxi to get into town. One of the numbers I still have is +33 6 09 43 12 08.