PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Airmanship

MikeeB
18th Jun 2004, 08:11
For a number of months now, I've seen one individual display the most shocking standards of airmanship. I've not said anything to anyone, but I believe enough is enough.

It all starts when the individual arrives at the airfield. Typically the sound of screeching tyres and parking his car where he feels like it are the norm, frequently next to the aeroplane. The complete disregard for anyone else that might happen to be about is already apparent.

Worse is yet to come. Without carrying out checks of any kind, he's straight onto the runway, and airborne. It can only be a matter of time before something goes pear shaped. I must have seen this person go flying on 40-50 occasions, and not once have I seen him check the oil or fuel, or carry out a power check before getting airborne.

You think that is bad enough... we don't hear any radio calls, never seen him use the circuit, oh no, it's always straight in and out for this young fella. I suppose it's fortunate that I've never actually seen anyone else in the air at the same time. He regularly flies through cloud, even though we don't think he's got his IMC. What are we to do?

And then to top it all off, he can often be seen buzzing people in the town that he lives, clearly flying below 500ft. I've even seen him buzz the local train service as it goes over a nearby viaduct. He flies directly towards the side of the train, and then pulls up at the last minute.

I suppose he gets away with it because he's very popular in the small town that he lives in. My understanding is that he runs an illegal taxi firm. He regularly takes people places (for reward) and yet he isn't licensed, he might not even have a PPL; seems a bit young to me.

If you want to see this person in action then you will catch him most days

on Channel 5 in a morning - his name is Noddy :)

Sorry - I need to get out more.

Monocock
18th Jun 2004, 08:18
Thank god for your last sentence.....

I thought someone had been watching me for a minute then:\

GK430
18th Jun 2004, 08:24
What's he got? A P-51:D

MikeeB
18th Jun 2004, 08:31
http://nysd.co.uk/~mike/MISC/noddyplane.jpg

No idea what it is. But that picture sums it up. He appears to have lost his engine, and he still has time to wave to his friends :)

Justiciar
18th Jun 2004, 08:46
Lets hope he doesn't do aeros, as he doesn't seem to be strapped in. Th CAA really need to be involved - his aircraft hasn't got the registration mark either - has he got an exemption. Looks like a kit aircraft to me. The bounder.

Flyin'Dutch'
18th Jun 2004, 08:50
I thought for a moment you were complaining about the folks flying from 'Jet town'

The complete disdain for any of the basics is truly scary, what is worse it that my kids do like watching it (OK I indoctrinate them this way) and am worried they will pick up on the bad habits!

FD

Chilli Monster
18th Jun 2004, 08:53
C'mon now - how are the pilots meant to behave when you've got ATC staff like this ;)

http://www.flateric.flyer.co.uk/images/work/radar_eric2.JPG

treadigraph
18th Jun 2004, 09:14
Thanks Mikee, I needed a good giggle!

SQUAWKIDENT
18th Jun 2004, 09:57
Very nice thank you - woke me up in the office this morning:p

paulo
18th Jun 2004, 18:41
Excellent! Almost worth a new thread... "Should I report this?" :}

FNG
18th Jun 2004, 19:34
He's a bad lad, sure enough, but you've got to admit that his short field technique is pretty damn hot.

Have the elephants still got big ears?

Rallye Driver
18th Jun 2004, 20:46
And does he fly at less than 50 feet along the North Norfolk coast or buzz traffic on the M40?

RD :E

PS: I didn't realise Flat Eric worked for Essex Radar! "Standby....." Peals of hysterical laughter in the background.

Chocks Wahey
20th Jun 2004, 05:12
He may be a bad pilot but at least he is no longer racist.

whatunion
20th Jun 2004, 10:04
mikeb dont worry about it, remember the no old bold pilots adage? its that or big ears will get him.