PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Cargo Emergency

nitefiter
17th Jun 2004, 07:42
Does anyone know the cause and outcome for the Singapore Cargo emergency into BRU last night,he was out over the north sea dumping fuel at FL150 i think, we were put on headings outbound but transfered to London and didnt here the problem.
Would have been around 1830z ish.

LightTwin Driver
17th Jun 2004, 08:30
Yes,

Once airborne it was discovered that they had,infact,taken off without any Pot Noodle on board.

Consequences could have been dire !!

hailstone
17th Jun 2004, 08:31
don't know why, but fox alpha is indeed AOG in BRU.

fox echo had a 60% blocked tiller upon arrival at SHJ ex SIN yesterday......

LightTwin Driver
17th Jun 2004, 19:30
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/schlafen/sleeping-smiley-009.gif

Codman
17th Jun 2004, 19:56
Light Twin Driver - Stop being an arse. If people want to discuss this sort of thing let them. If you find it so dull why did you click on the thread?

LightTwin Driver
17th Jun 2004, 22:03
Because the thread was titled Singapore Cargo Emergency.But who says there was one ?He was dumping fuel to prepare for a return to BRU.So "nitefiter" takes it on himself to call it an emergency.
It may well have been,but just dumping fuel doesn't make "an emergency".

eg.

If a gear downlock pin had been left in,a return would be necessary,but no emergency would exist.

And a real time-critical emergency would probably involve an overweight landing without dumping.
As nobody else knows anythingf,I guess it wasn't anything special.

Nice try though nitefiter !!

Jack.D
17th Jun 2004, 22:55
Obviously LTD knows the difference between a rumour and a MOR?:confused:

lomapaseo
17th Jun 2004, 23:04
Does anyone know the cause and outcome

I see nothing wrong with this post, title or introduction.

It simply solicits facts to place it in perspective.

That's why we have this section

nitefiter
18th Jun 2004, 07:49
L,T,D.
It was BRU ATC that told ME and everyone else on that freq that HE had an emergency in progress.
We didnt invent one nor am in the business of blowing anything up out of proportion. :mad:

hailstone
18th Jun 2004, 08:10
good bye LTD.........

SLFguy
18th Jun 2004, 12:29
and the muppet of the week award goes to...........

RUDAS
19th Jun 2004, 13:22
LITE TWIN DRIVER-Ive never dumped fuel for the fun of it.of course it had to be an out-of-the-ordinary situation.you're being a 'poephol' (ask any dutchman what that means).

CargoOne
19th Jun 2004, 15:32
Slightly offtopic, but...
Just wondering if it's a certification requirements to have a fuel dump system over a certain MTOW figure? What's the figure then? Or it is a combination of MTOW and MTOW/MLW difference?

LightTwin Driver
20th Jun 2004, 15:47
nitefiter:

posted 18th June 2004 07:49

L,T,D.
It was BRU ATC that told ME and everyone else on that freq that HE had an emergency in progress.
We didnt invent one nor am in the business of blowing anything up out of proportion.

Ok thanks,that adds more depth to the incident.But your initial post made no mention of this.

RUDAS:

LITE TWIN DRIVER-Ive never dumped fuel for the fun of it.of course it had to be an out-of-the-ordinary situation.you're being a 'poephol' (ask any dutchman what that means).

Nobody dumps fuel for "fun",as you put it.And of course it had to be "an out-of-the-ordinary situation".That still doesn't necessarily mean that it was an emergency. !(Though we now know it was due to nitefiter's later post)

hailstone:

Top contribution.Your mastery of the english language is a joy to behold.
:ok:

Phil Squares
21st Jun 2004, 05:52
Heard it was a number two engine that lost all oil.....returned to BRU

eal401
21st Jun 2004, 15:04
LTD, if you have an issue with a post you have a number of options.

1) Take it up with the mods.

2) Discuss it with your fellow Pruners

3) Act like a pathetic five year old.

Guess we know which one you chose.