PDA

View Full Version : USA West Coast PPL

keith904
16th Jun 2004, 17:37
Hello,

It has come to my attention that whilst there are a lot of JAA PPL schools in Florida, it is also possible to train on the west coast. San Diego seems to have JAA PPL certified schhols.

Has anyone been to these schools? Do you recommend them? I know of Anglo American Avaiation and Euro-Pacific Aviation.

Constructive thoughts and comments anyone?

Keith904

WestWind1950
16th Jun 2004, 17:58
you're right... there are LOTS of schools in the San Diego area. Anglo is at Gillespie Field in El Cajon, just east of San Diego. It's reputation used to be pretty bad, but I think they've gotten better. At Montgomery Field, between EC and SAN, there's American Flyers.... a more professional type of school. They advertise in all major major magazines.

I myself fly with Golden State, located at Gillespie Field. It's more of a "club" atmoshphere ... very friendly people!! visit their site at Golden State (http://www.gsfc.com) and tell them the gal that ran off to Germany sent you! :p

Westy

P.S. probably only Anglo offers JAA training... being a British school... the others are only FAA schools....

Aim Far
17th Jun 2004, 09:46
I've been to Anglo a couple of times now (including PPL training) and they are fine bunch of people. Also their renting policies seem a bit more flexible than some of the LA places.

EnglishmaninNY
17th Jun 2004, 12:11
Hi keith

I have also been to Anglo, same problems that most flying schools suffer from, schedule overlapping etc., but overall, I have to say it's a good school. I know several people that have been, and I haven't heard any bad cmoplaints. Good luck with your flying.

EiNY