PDA

View Full Version : MEP Instructor & IRI

Jamesy
24th Sep 2000, 17:03
I'v got my MEP instructors course booked for next month. Can anyone point me towards some good pre-course reading?
Also I'm interested in an IRI course - does anyone know of a good course, the requirements and again any good reading? - Oh yes and a cost!

BlueLine
24th Sep 2000, 17:17
Try Pre-Flight Briefing Manual Multi-Engine Course by Mike Woodgate. I think its available from Transair.

As an FI you don't need to become an IRI, you only need to remove the "no applied IF limitation" 5 hours flying, plus 35 hours ground instruction with FIC instructor.

Wee Weasley Welshman
25th Sep 2000, 10:28
I might be able to dig up some notes for you...

Good luck with it!

ps told TB yet?

GT
25th Sep 2000, 13:24
I used Campbell's multi-engine training manual, you know, the one with the dark blue cover that you see everywhere. It's a bit of a slog to get through I'll agree, but it's all in there. Another couple that I found good were the Jeppeson multi-engine training manual (although all the rules and regs. are, of course, FAA) and the relatively recent multi-engine training manual put out by the good Mr. Thom, although not actually written by him. All these are available from the usual outlets. Best of luck and enjoy your course, it's great fun. All I need now is for my flying school to get FTO approval!!!!