PDA

View Full Version : FI Rating

tas
16th Dec 2000, 23:00
Hello all!

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask......but shall ask anyway!! I am considering doing an FI rating sometime next year (prob april-may time) and wondered if anyone had any good suggestions on where to do it?!

Oh yes......merry xmas to you!!

Capt Crash
17th Dec 2000, 01:34
I did mine down in Southampton with Brian Mellor at Solent Flight. A good course.

And, yes this the right place to ask.

Gordon Bennett
18th Dec 2000, 16:29
I would recommend David Scouller, CFI at Old Sarum Flying Club near Salisbury, Wilts. He has 35 years instructing experience and his course is excellent. Usually two trainees at a time for lectures and mutual flying, using a well equipped C152 taildragger.

Negative Charlie
18th Dec 2000, 21:29
A 152 taildragger? Blimey, that is well equipped!

Tinstaafl
19th Dec 2000, 05:16
Quite a fun a/c they are, too.

The original C150s were developments form the C120 & C140, both tailwheel types. The C150 still had the mount point reinforcements for main gear fitted as standard (but not used since the main gear is another frame forward in the tricycle fitting).

Later versions lost the factory fitted but unused attachment reinforcements but otherwise were still the roughly the same a/c.

Someone or other came up with a modification that beefed up the gear attachment points used in a tailwheel configuration & then bolted the gear there.

I seem to recall the a/c gained a knot or 3 due to reduced drag from losing the nosewheel.

[This message has been edited by Tinstaafl (edited 19 December 2000).]