PDA

View Full Version : FI Vacancies available - Large FTO

Wee Weasley Welshman
9th Dec 2000, 00:16
Please spread the word that some vacancies have appeared at a certain large FTO formerly of a Scottish disposition. 1000hrsTT and 500 instructional required.

emails to me for immediate processing into CFI´s palm.

Spread the word,

cesspit
9th Dec 2000, 20:11
A bit cryptic!
A few more details if poss...

DB6
10th Dec 2000, 01:28
cesspit; BAE, Spain (Jerez), formerly British Aerospace Flying College (good place - I went there) at Prestwick. Was a very good setup at Prestwick with very high standards, probably still a good bet. I'd have a go myself if I wasn't going to be a daddy soon.
Cheers DB6

Wee Weasley Welshman
11th Dec 2000, 00:02
Thats 7 CV's so far. Keep 'em rolling in.

Wee Weasley Welshman
17th Dec 2000, 13:28
Back to the top. 8 CV's so far, keep 'em coming.

Bear Cub
17th Dec 2000, 20:31
Could this thread not be construed as advertising...thereby saving great wads of cash to BAe?

Is it a different set of rules for managers than members?

Luke SkyToddler
18th Dec 2000, 12:49
Well Bear Cub, I for one say 'bring it on' ... it may well save Bae a few quid but it might on the other hand save a few of us from financial ruin!

Ummm ... WWW ... any idea as to when and where the Bae management might be looking to interview people?

Wee Weasley Welshman
21st Dec 2000, 02:15
We've always allowed Fi job adverts on this forum. We take the view - at least I do - that if it lands some impoverished FI a job then we have done a very good job that day and stuff the loss of revenue bit.

Adverts by recruitment agencies et al have to paid for in a banner add.

Management will be interviewing in the New Year. UK CAA ratings and licenses preferred.

Cheers,

FI
21st Dec 2000, 04:32
WWW well said. We all need any break that is going.

------------------

rolling circle
21st Dec 2000, 04:49
How are BAe going to cope with this avalanche of applications? A staggering 8 people all fighting to work in Jerez! BTW when did you say that BAe were going to get their Integrated ATP approval?

On 27 June 2000 WWW wrote:

"I checked and we had our JAA inspection a few weeks back which passed off without major problems."

On 1 December 2000 BAe still do not appear on the CAA list of schools approved to conduct the Integrated ATP. Draw your own conclusions.

Vigilant Driver
21st Dec 2000, 13:32
Rolling Circle,

Remember that the CAA move fairly slowly in updating their lists. I understand that some major Airlines are sending their cadets to Jerez, so either Jerez now has approval or there is some understanding over the integrated course.

I think that only 8 have applied due to BAe's high hours requirement. Most part time Instructors like myself take years to get to that level, hence there is probably not very many Instructors able to apply.

WWW: Why such a high hours requirement when Oxford only want 500 hours instructional? Bet you didn't start with that experience!!!

Wee Weasley Welshman
21st Dec 2000, 16:13
Approval is a big white elephant. Full approval will come in some months time when the CAA re-inspect. In fact we have just had the Spanish CAA visit for Approval status and its gone off just fine.

In the meantime the college operates on a time limited Approval from the CAA. Remember we still haven't opened some buildings like the sim hangar. This is all as per the plan. We will not appear on UK CAA approval list until everything is finished. We can however output JAA CPL?IR Frzn ATPL students as quickly and as often as we like.

If there were some kind of "problem" do you think Aer Lingus and Airtours and soon others would be sending more and more cadets...?

Requirements are 1000TT and 500 instructional. That really is a minimum though.

I am quite pleased with the 10 CV's received. This is only a small forum. The Boss has an A4 folder bursting at the seams with applicants from the Flight adverts.

RC - as of next month BAE will be the first college to require apptitude selection for ALL entrants and we are having to turn people away from our doors even though the price has gone up a lot this year. OATS have a good product. We will have a better one.

Merry Christmas.

Bear Cub
23rd Dec 2000, 05:11
I KNOW FOR SURE that I posted a message after Luke Skytoddler's comment on the FI jobs.

I wrote to say that, actually, I whole heartedly agree with the idea of helping the employment situation on pprune...I was just teasing about the different rules for forum managers as against mere message posting mortals.

Where the message went....only some are meant to know....but I know that I posted it!!!

------------------
Hunting is bad!!
Support the right to arm Bears!!