View Full Version : Solo Supervision

MJR
23rd Apr 2001, 15:36
Sorry me again,

Managed a few hours of instruction last week including 0.5 hours of solo supervision, I was shocked I actually get payed for this but can I actually log myself in any way.

cheers

MJR

Tinstaafl
23rd Apr 2001, 16:11
No.

Night Rider
23rd Apr 2001, 16:15
Hi there,

Basically the answer is no. While the student flies the aircraft solo he/she is PIC operating on your license.

The reason you can't put it in your own logbook is fairly logical - Imagine if an instructor did 400 hours of solo supervision and then tried to claim a CPL with 700 hours having only ACTUALLY flown 300 hours!!!

Nice idea though .............!!!!!

Vigilant Driver
23rd Apr 2001, 16:19
MJR,

I guess you are a FI(R).

You must record your solo supervision and get your supervising FI to sign it, as you need to send 25 of these along with gaining some instructional time to remove your (R).

Of course you can't count the solo supervision in your logbook.

PingPong
23rd Apr 2001, 20:01
MJR

Oh, really! If you have got to the point of instructing you would know what you can log.

The kind gentlemen who have replied to you can't see that you certainly aren't an instructor. Some people are just too nice.

I'm not. Clear off!!

[This message has been edited by PingPong (edited 23 April 2001).]

Noggin
24th Apr 2001, 01:37
Solo supervision is measured in sorties, not hours! Now why is your supervising instructor not advising you on the requiremnents of your apprenticeship?

MJR
24th Apr 2001, 12:07
Thanks for your useful reply Pingpong obviously a person of your kind nature will go far in the aviation industry, perhaps becoming the next president of "Ghengis Khan Airlines".

A genuine thanks for the sensible replies. I was aware that two people could not book the same P1 time, I was unsure however if supervision time could contribute to the 100 hours required to remove the FI restriction. I believe I am informed now.

cheers

MJR

BEagle
25th Apr 2001, 09:13
In case you are still unsure, to remove your FI(R) restriction, you need 100 hrs of flight instruction, PLUS 25 supervised student flights PLUS the recommendation of the supervising FI nominated for the purpose.

The hours flown by your students count for nothing

Khud
29th Apr 2001, 00:14
If you send a student solo He/She (PC or what?) is flying P1 so you can't log the hours but, If you are a FI(R) you need to record this on form from the CAA as a supervised solo flight and get your FI to counter sign the form. However do not fall into the trap of solo cross country flights. 1 solo cross country sorte is one supervised flight no matter how many airports the student lands at. Best of luck.