11th Jun 2004, 17:21
Anyone applied at all??

(Sorry gents!)

AerBabe
11th Jun 2004, 18:46
Not this year, although I think I still qualify. :{

Monocock
11th Jun 2004, 20:06
Is it like a driving school where you get a pass if you wear a short skirt and a low cut top....?:}

Err, I think i'll be off, I can hear Whirlies rotorblades from here...............:ouch:

AerBabe
12th Jun 2004, 00:41
Oh darn... you mean I didn't get it because I was wearing trousers? You know I've tried to fly in a short skirt and stilettos, but my heels kept getting stuck in the rudder controls and the skirt meant it got awfully cold up my...

... legs. :sad:

TonyR
12th Jun 2004, 07:22
Now folks be carful or you'll be moved to jetblast.

I think it's great that there is something like this for women to help them develop their flying skill,"god knows they need it"

Why do we have so few women in aviation??

Monocock
12th Jun 2004, 07:25
Because there is also a place called Doris Jones' ironing school. Snigger snigger

TonyR
12th Jun 2004, 07:34
I'm off shortly to the Isle of Man to pick up some "spectator babes" from the TT. Why do we not even have "groupies" in hot pants and T shirts to watch us fly. Much more exciting than riding bikes

whatunion
12th Jun 2004, 09:57
Small cock have you got the email address for Doris Jones ironing school?

Monocock
12th Jun 2004, 13:56
Yep, my wife teaches there.

Do you want it?

ACW 335
12th Jun 2004, 14:48
Monocock, if it's like a driving school, why is there no test in reverse/parallel parking!? (or so the joke about women drivers goes.....)
And yes, you can pass in a low cut top ;)

Tony R,
:mad: we need help?!?! LOL

Probably because there isn't a rear view mirror for the purpose of applying makeup!

I have seen ladies flying in skirts - really don't know how they manage it - i couldn't.... but then i'm not even 20 so im not really into flowing flowery skirts and stiletto heels :\

**God help me, men think women are bad drivers AND pilots...what do they think of BLONDE pilots?! :ok:

Prepares for abuse and sharp objects to be thrown....

TonyR
13th Jun 2004, 10:30
On a serious note.

All the women pilots I have met and flown with have been just as good and often better than men of similar age and experience.

I just wonder what we can do to encourage more women to take up flying.

I notice more women have taken up skydiving over the last few years, perhaps we as pilots don't seem to enjoy ourselves to the same extent.

Tony

ACW 335
13th Jun 2004, 14:43
i agree there is a lack of women who do fly. Perhaps some are scared?! i know one who is scared to do a solo nav route. She has been trying to do it since.......a long time ago!

BRL
13th Jun 2004, 21:49
Diana Britten Aero's Schol

Anyone applied at all??

(Sorry gents!)

Back on track please or off to JetBlast it goes....... :E

ACW 335
2nd Jul 2004, 16:45
Anyone who did apply heard back yet?

Penguinetta
4th Jul 2004, 20:30
Was going to apply, but I will be in Hungary on the interview day. :( :( :(

One less for you to compete with, ACW, on the bright side! :) (Not that I would have been much competition!)

Good luck from one unabashed blonde female pilot to another! :ok:

Monocock
4th Jul 2004, 20:48
Hungary

blonde female pilot

Hi, my names Mono and I am free on Friday.......

Fancy dinner in the Bluebird restaurant in London?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?:O

Penguinetta
5th Jul 2004, 12:52
Fancy dinner in the Bluebird restaurant in London?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Ooh, well, I don't know, will you let me land at your private strip without incurring the air gun if I say yes? ;)

Don't get too excited by the thought of an eastern european accent: it's closer to an east London accent! I'm just an English lass really, visiting Hungary in my capacity as a soprano.

ACW 335
5th Jul 2004, 15:44
Good luck from one unabashed blonde female pilot to another

Ah blondness rules :cool: Sorry to hear you couldn't apply. I haven't heard back yet :uhoh:

G-KEST
5th Jul 2004, 16:18
Perhaps I am a bit prickly today but I reckon this scholarship offered by Diana is magic so stop being facetious. OK I am just a geriatric 66 years old "voltigeur ancien" but I really do think this is a great way to get more of the fair sex (and even a few groaters perhaps) into aerobatics. Aeros are a really cost effective way of turning cash into adrenaline as I found back in 1958 and still do.
Cheers,
Trapper 69

Penguina
5th Jul 2004, 16:55
Perhaps I am a bit prickly today but I reckon this scholarship offered by Diana is magic so stop being facetious.

Of course it is! That's why we all want to apply for it! Trust me, I take flying very seriously indeed and wish more women would too. The flippant comments seem to have been mainly men. They're clearly jealous! :)

ACW - let us know when you hear back, won't you? It always takes longer to hear back when you apply for things than you think it will in my experience. :uhoh: :{ :D :rolleyes:

edited to add that Penguinetta is busy and I have been deputised to make this reply.

ACW 335
5th Jul 2004, 19:52
Will do penguina/penguinetta!

We need more women to balance out this male dominated area.....