PDA

View Full Version : atpl frozen to unfrozen HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nogreens
13th Feb 2001, 05:10
Can anybody please tell me, i have a CPL IR WITH 700 HOURS do i have to have 1500 hours by 01/08/02 to become unfrozen or have to do the JAR theory?

rolling circle
13th Feb 2001, 10:45
You have three choices:

1. Achieve the experience requirements for a UK ATPL before 01/08/02

2. Maintain your UK CPL/IR until you reach the experience requirements for a JAA ATPL. This includes 500 hours multi-crew time but there is no time limit and you retain your ATPL exam credits.

3. Convert your UK CPL/IR to a JAA CPL/IR, in which case you lose your ATPL exam credits. Obviously you would only do this if you were after a job that demanded a JAA licence since it would mean having to pass the JAA ground exams before you could get a JAA ATPL.

cesspit
13th Feb 2001, 17:28
And if you have a CAA CPL, but have not yet finished and passed the IR by July 2002 does that mean you can kiss good-bye to your ATPL exam passes (exams that you only sat a couple of years ago) and will have to re do them but this time to the JAR syllabus??

The 'you' refered to above is of course ME!

Noggin
13th Feb 2001, 21:52
No! You can do an IR and add to your UK CPL at any time. The only significance of July 2002 is if you want to do an IR via the exempt route (700 hours)then you have to complete it before 30 June 2002.
Now if you had taken the JAR-FCL ATPLs you would only have had 36 months to get your IR or the exam credits would have expired.

cesspit
14th Feb 2001, 19:44
Thanks...some cheery news!

nogreens
16th Feb 2001, 18:51
sorry about the delay in replying, thanks a lot for all the info noggin and rolling circle a big weight off my mind....... i can feel myself defrosting a lot easier now.