PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Essex/SE pilots

bar shaker
10th Jun 2004, 22:02
The Essex Microlight Club have organised a presentation by CAA Head of Charts, Howard Dubovie, on the 12th July. The talk is on charts and nav and lasts approx 1.5 hours. All are welcome but places are limited.

The do is in Billericay and is free of charge, but you will be expected to eat at the venue (thoroughly recommended :)).

Details here (http://www.emc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Future%20events.htm)

bs

BRL
11th Jun 2004, 00:01
Excellent. I have met Howard, top bloke, he knows his stuff too so it should be an interesting night. I would highly recommend as many of you to go as you can. :ok:

Kolibear
11th Jun 2004, 10:49
As it involves maps, Indian food, drink and is within easy staggering distance of home, (now theres a give-away), I'll try and make it.

AerBabe
11th Jun 2004, 18:44
Can someone please remind me of this closer to the date? I don't have my diary with me and, what with all the excitement of being away, I'll be sure to forget by the time I get back... :O

bar shaker
11th Jun 2004, 19:12
Willco AB.

Koliber, I'd already put you on the list ;)

Thanks to those that have mailed. There are only 8 places left so if you are local(ish), book soon. If anyone wants to stay over, put that in your mail and I'll see what I can do.

I should warn you all that vast quantities of booze get consumed at these meets and there is much piss taking about any airbourne faux pas :}

bs

AerBabe
12th Jun 2004, 00:39
Thanks Bar Shaker. Would you mind signing me up too? I'm having Email Troubles this evening & don't want to miss out. :( The only problem is I don't know my shifts yet, as I don't start the job for another 2 weeks...

bar shaker
10th Jul 2004, 11:47
BTTT as a reminder that its this coming Monday.

See you all there.

bs

Kolibear
13th Jul 2004, 08:15
Aerbabe & I accepted bar-shakers's invite and had a really good evening. Howard's talk was very interesting and informative, I found out ,for example,that and obstacle can appear on a chart because planning permission has been granted for its construction, rather than a physical object appearing. As a local flyer he was also well placed to put our problems into perspective.

If you ever get the chance to attend one of his talks, or the CAA safety evening, I can't recommend them too highly.

Thanks to b-s & Essex Microligh for extending the invite, also to the Raj curry house, its the first time I've eaten there but not the last I hope.

bar shaker
13th Jul 2004, 13:59
Just to quick note to thank Howard for a great presentation. It was very informative and was in a pilot to pilot format. As Kolibear said, if you hear of one of Howard's talks taking place somewhere, get yourself a ticket.

Nice to meet Aerbabe for the first time, as well as a few other locals that I hadn't met before.

A thoroughly good night. Thanks CAA. :ok: