PDA

View Full Version : LFAT Accommodation?

sharpshot
10th Jun 2004, 14:54
Just a quick one & apologies if done before; been often, but never night stopped. Any recommendations - apart from the Westminster?

Years gone by I seem to recall a British couple with a B & B that some aviators were quite partial too?

Info on B & B, hotels & self catring welcomed!

Thanks,
SS

Whirlybird
10th Jun 2004, 15:19
Remind us where LFAT is? Le Touquet?

Fujiflyer
10th Jun 2004, 15:55
Try the Red Fox Hotel - I've used it a few times and find it clean, comfortable and good value. Check they have rooms available before you commit especially at busy times such as bank hols etc,

Fuji

sharpshot
12th Jun 2004, 13:41
Thanks Fujiflyer. When is the next Bank Holiday weekend over there?
Can't get anything in Ibis or Novotel at the minute - suspect I'm looking at a busy time.

TonyR
12th Jun 2004, 17:40
Stayed in the Holiday Inn at Le Touquet, very good rooms not very good food but not expensive. (2 years ago)

sharpshot
12th Jun 2004, 18:28
Thanks Tony R - another www. to search.........!

Monocock
12th Jun 2004, 18:51
What about that big hotel on the right just as you get to the centre?

It looks swish but if the rest of Europe is anything to go by I bet you'll get a 5 star room for less than £75.

Or, if the beach barby is a good one, just go for the beach.......I can confirm a good nights sleep can be had there!!!

Clive J
12th Jun 2004, 20:29
I was trying to find an Hotel in Le touq for the night of the 5th of June the week before, I didn't realise the significance of the date at the time.

I tried various of the chain hotels and made a few calls (Red Fox as mentioned above) but all were full.

I did get one internet booking accepted but shortly after received an E mail saying the hotel was in fact full but they would go on looking. They did and and the following day turned up a place in Boulogne.

Not much use when you are flying in but as this was such a busy weekend I was impressed. They committed to find the nearest hotel with a room and wouldn't stop until they got one, on a normal weekend I'm sure they'd have found one near where I wanted.

I chased down their website and have it and the phone number tagged for future touring trips.

As they say, point your browser at:

www.aero-mar.com

regards, Clive

sharpshot
12th Jun 2004, 21:10
Monocock - that's the Westminster! Glad to hear you slept it off on the beach before venturing back to the farm strip:p

Thanks Clive - have been plodding through www. half the night and tried a B & B that looks okay, although i think it's two nights min stay, but maybe six for one night might swing it?

Yeah, Boulogne will go down like a Lead brick!!

Cheers

Fujiflyer
13th Jun 2004, 08:02
Monocock, the Westminster you mention is quite expensive even by our standards. I seem to remember from the tariffs board the prices start at about £100 equivalent.

Sharpshot, I'm not sure about the French bank holidays although I suspect that our (UK) ones probably fill quite a few hotel rooms in L2k and around, especially in the Summer. For that matter I have been surprised just how difficult it can be to find hotels with vacancies when you need something on the day - ie when landing somewhere you were not sure you would be staying and therefore did not want to book in advance. Last year (August) I visited Le Touquet, Gerona & Minorca and had great difficulty finding anywhere at all to stay,
:oh:

I'll take a tent in future on long trips "just in case,"

FujiF

sharpshot
13th Jun 2004, 09:10
Thanks Ff,

I found another good website with loads of B & B's and have e-mailed, however, think they are looking at 2 nights min stay.

I am having visions of the great outdoors :{
Still there won't be a frost:ok:

Whirlybird
13th Jun 2004, 09:59
Now I know where LFAT is...

I have a leaflet with Le Touquet hotels which I picked up at the airport. If you send me a pm I can let you have some phone numbers if you still need them. We stayed at the Nouveau Caddy - small, friendly English speaking, right by the covered market...a few rooms with picturesque round windows looking out on to the market. Not luxurious, but I'd definitely recommend it for friendliness, ambience, etc.

Ace Rimmer
14th Jun 2004, 07:48
Over the years we've stayed at the Wessie, le Manoir and the Bristol on balance location, value for money etc I'd say the Bristol would be the best bet.

FNG
15th Jun 2004, 15:40
The Westminster does cheapo deals if you haggle, and is a pleasant hotel with a bit of history, albeit that its former grandeur is now somewhat faded.