PDA

View Full Version : To be or not to be.................????

boeingstearman
28th Nov 2000, 22:27
does anyone know if it is worth taking a instructing job which only deals with PPL students,single-engine a/c with no chance of getting a m.e. rating at all,VFR instructing only and no navigation to speak about all this and a 3 year bond??

i am a low time (200hr) pilot.

thanks all.

------------------
useless is the runway behind you and the sky above you

cesspit
29th Nov 2000, 00:31
NO!

Sounds like a big SE based FTO which is quite well known. Save up,(or take a bank loan) pay for ratings yourself, find a job at any other school and 'hey presto' if anything else comes along you haven't sold your soul and been bonded, to a company who is paying next to nothing.

Honest Frank
29th Nov 2000, 04:48
Firstly how can you instruct PPL students and not do any navigation.
Secondly you can only instruct IMC students once the restriction has been removed so you will be instructing VFR for a while anyway.
Third, what school will pay for a ME rating anyway that surely (dont call me Shirley)is down to you.
About the bond-I dont think they can legally do that as they are not paying for anything.(or are they)Best check that out.If you do sign and it is not a legal contract then you can obviously go.

boeingstearman
29th Nov 2000, 13:55
thanks guys .
it doesn't seem very attractive either but u see it's like the only job that is open to me at the moment.

it's practically the only option for me in singapore(too young to apply for the airline!!! amazing but true).

no nav. too small a country and no multi-engine a/c at all so even if i wanted to pay for it i wouldn't be able to.
any ideas??

------------------
useless is the runway behind you and the sky above you

Honest Frank
29th Nov 2000, 15:02
I assumed it was here in the sunny UK.sorry
Good luck with whatever you do.
But still check with a legal adviser before you sign anything.