PDA

View Full Version : Flying Instructor Courses

AirScream
1st Feb 2001, 03:28
Has anyone tackled the FI course in modules? ie a week at a time. Not good for continuity I know but I'm not going to get a month off at a time until I jack in the day job. Who does FI courses in the South too?

Capt Crash
1st Feb 2001, 13:36
Try Brian Mellor at Solent Flight based at Southampton Airport. He will be able to tailor a course to suit. That is if he can fit you in, he is very busy.....

sowot
2nd Feb 2001, 02:10
I have just completed the FI(R)course part time. It has taken me six months, mainly due to trying to tie my availability between shift work with my instructors (Capt for a charter airline). I did not find it too difficult with regard to continuity, providing I kept reading over the stuff we had not covered for a while.

Best of luck.

AirScream
2nd Feb 2001, 14:17
Cheers Capt Crash and SOWOT,

What material did you find useful as preparation for the course?

arrow2
2nd Feb 2001, 14:30
Try Martin Evans out of Blackbushe, contact him at European Flyers 0800 163586. They can give you his home number or email me for it.

A2

samsprog
6th Feb 2001, 17:26
Dont think you will a problem, I have just done the same and also mixed the CPL in with it.

EGKA
9th Feb 2001, 02:48
With the weather as it is you'll probably end up with a modular course even if you wanted it to be full time.

I've recently finished an FI(R) with Keith Pogmore from Southend Flying Club, he's also a Flying Instructor Examiner so the trainings pretty good.

Reading Material I used was all my old PPL books and the Flying Instructor Manual, rememeber your only going to teach to PPL level so refreshing your knowledge from the PPL books should be sufficient.

If you want to know more e-mail me back.

I would recommend doing the course, it's great fun teaching others to fly.....

------------------

AirScream
12th Feb 2001, 15:01
Thanks again chaps :)

Good point about the wx causing compulsory modular courses any way!

Samsprog who did you combine cpl and FI with?

cheers
Airscream