PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated!!!

Nigey
8th Jun 2004, 19:36
I'm sooooo frustrated I can hardly descibe it.
I have about 25 hours but haven't flown for over a year now. My exams taken so far need to be taken again and I need my Class 2 renewing. I wish I could find the time to back in the air

I gave up everything a year ago to build a new house in Tunbridge Wells (which is nice, but constant). When I am working on the roof I often spot aircraft coming around for a look and feel really envious. What's worse is I regularly see the two little Katana's from Redhill's Cubair that I fly (G-BXPD and -BXPC) when I'm up there.

So if you see a bedraggled looking builder gazing up at you from a newbuild in Tunbridge Wells, give us a wave would you. I can't wait to get back up there...

Ciao

Nige:{

batninth
8th Jun 2004, 20:29
Nigey, I sympathise. Working hard at the moment, and two children coming up to university plus wife gone back to uni as well. I thought working from home I would be able to get out and get the lessons in, but it has worked in reverse.

Money going into the education coffers and no time. Then on clear days I get to watch the Leeds Flying School guys enjoying themselves above my house doing their twin ratings! So Leeds Flying School & Multiflight students, ignore the idiot gaping at you enviously from his garden.

Our day will come, and we will be mature enough to enjoy it! Well that's what I hope.

Tall_guy_in_a_152
8th Jun 2004, 21:05
Hi Nige,

Sorry to rub it in, but I flew over T-W in G-BXPC on Sunday on my way to Headcorn! What a great little aircraft it is :ok: Unfortunately a student lost their lunch in it late last week, so considering the hot weather - well, you can imagine :yuk: :)

Drop me a PM if you fancy coming along for the ride sometime.

TallGuy.

Nigey
9th Jun 2004, 06:22
TallGuy

Thanks for your post, I may take you up on that offer sometime. When I have the time I will focus on passing all the exams before getting back into the air. I have about 18 hours already paid for and can't wait to get back. I can't just go back and fritter them away though. If I use them wisely I'll be almost there for my PPL... and that would be great.

Anyway, best wishes and kind regards

Nige

MLS-12D
9th Jun 2004, 21:24
When I have the time I will focus on passing all the exams before getting back into the air. I have about 18 hours already paid for and can't wait to get back. I can't just go back and fritter them away though. If I use them wisely I'll be almost there for my PPL... If you have pre-paid for lessons, you would be wise not to leave it too long before redeeming your credit balance: there are any number of horror stories of flying schools going out of business, leaving their students holding the bag. Actually, even if you haven't prepaid, you'd be well advised to get back in the sky before your prior experience becomes so rusty that you will essentially have to start all over again.

Just my advice ... I appreciate that other commitments sometimes have priority ('though my wife would question whether I indeed understand that point :O ).

Papa Charlie
10th Jun 2004, 08:28
G-BXPC

Ah! Good old Papa Charlie - my first solo and passed my GFT in it. Hence my user name!
:)

Been flying PD more than PC of late.