PDA

View Full Version : Any Instructing Jobs ?

Touchdown
15th Jun 2000, 14:15
I'll be getting my instructors ticket in the next week or so (yipee!!) but as yet I have no job lined up. If any of you have any info on schools needing an FI or openings that may be occurring please let me know.

In addition I would be grateful for any tips on the varios packages schools offer. I appreciate most schools pay by the hour + retainer but what do others offer. Are there any packages to avoid?

Thanks, TD.

whatsarunway
16th Jun 2000, 02:49
if you fancy a trip to ireland they cant get enough pilots there and normaly a validation is all thats required , think about it.

Captain Cute
16th Jun 2000, 15:51
Congrats on getting your ticket first of all.

Just for a bit of encouragement really, I passed my test 3 weeks ago, had an interview 2 weeks ago and I start my job on Monday...but I am having to move about 120 miles for the job. If you can or do live down south then look in flyer mag, there have been a few jobs in there recently.

Good luck

P.S I am on really crap money but it is work and will hopefully help me towards the rhs that I have dreamed of all my life!

StudentInDebt
16th Jun 2000, 20:47
Try Cabair - they are looking for instructors at the moment, pay isn't bad either.

White Waltham may have a vacancy in a few weeks - very nice club to instruct (and fly) at (sadly I missed a job there).

Captain Cute - not off to East Herts are you?

If you can get hold of the Where to Fly issues of Pilot and Flyer for this year ring all the numbers in there, and send cvs to all the addresses - worked for me!!

Captain Cute
17th Jun 2000, 03:34
StudentInDebt

No I have just got a job at White Waltham!!I start on monday.

Are you now instructing at East Hert, if so how is it going...I presume that you are relatively new to the job as I was just wondering how it went in the first couple of weeks?

A and C
17th Jun 2000, 13:25
Captain cute you probably dont know how lucky you are the WLAC is a realy nice place to fly, the best of it however is that the aircraft you will be flying are maintained to a very high standard by one of the best run engineering outfits i have seen.

StudentInDebt
17th Jun 2000, 14:18
Nope Capt, I'm not instructing at East Herts, and I also start my new job on Monday.

Enjoy White Waltham, I did all my hour building there and still have some hours on account so I may well see you around the club. A&C is correct - its a lovely place to fly from, and its got an excellent social scene, lots of contacts to be made.