PDA

View Full Version : G- reg BAe146 landing incident in Florence.

320DRIVER
6th Jun 2004, 17:26

A BAE 146 reg. marks G-BPNT severely damages lower fuselage making ground contact during a missed approach at Florence Airport

The BAE 146 G-BPNT arriving from Southend to serve a chartered flight, severely damages lower fuselage making hard ground contact during a missed approach at Florence Airport. The aircraft occupants, cockpit and cabin crew as no passengers were on board, suffered no injuries and the aircraft was eventually landed at a second attempt and appears to be severely damaged. ANSV is investigating the event.

From the reg. this appears to be Flightline's "Jaguar Bird"

Hostie from Hell
6th Jun 2004, 19:01
Very sorry to hear about this .. Florence, however, takes few prisoners even on a nice day ... add weather and it is horrible !
Glad that the crew are all OK.

jethro15
8th Jun 2004, 11:42
Any further info regarding damage sustained??

Flap operator
10th Jun 2004, 18:54
Saw it at Florence today: you would not know that the aircraft was the subject matter here, nice and shiney parked outside Medavia, so for serious read probable tailstrike a long way from base ... so seriously expensive.

PENNINE BOY
12th Jun 2004, 17:04
Believe that the PIC was the head of training ................

Bet he has altered the sim profile back in Woodford when he got back !!!!!!!! :8

Teddy Robinson
6th Mar 2005, 22:37
glad to report that NT has made a full recovery after prolonged surgery .. saw her at LCY last week ! :D :ok:

Random Electron
7th Mar 2005, 07:17
I concur.

I saw NT somewhere a few days ago, looking rather nice in the morning sun.

I hope she still flies as nicely as she did when I was with Flightline.

safetypee
7th Mar 2005, 08:54
An old thread, but on a positive note - at least the Capt flew a go around. Better a few scrapes than a big dent by going off the end of the runway. Could we all learn from this? Train to fly a Go Around from any point during the approach and landing; so back to the simulator.

Seloco
7th Mar 2005, 09:39
Am I right in thinking that Florence has a rather original arrangement whereby the runway can only be used in one direction due to the proximity of mountains? I recall a very lively max energy take off downwind in a Meridiana 146 a couple of years ago. Presumably landings can be interesting for the same reason.......

iceman51
8th Mar 2005, 17:01
I recall a very lively max energy take off downwind in a Meridiana 146 a couple of years ago. Presumably landings can be interesting for the same reason.......

...and now Meridiana is flying in and out with A-319. Not really like the old Hong Kong airport, but at least challenging :ok: