PDA

View Full Version : Hangar Rash Grrrrr !

Pilgrim101
6th Jun 2004, 09:38
Since I have been overseas, the love of my life has been gathering dust in a hangar although lovingly tended with a once over and quick start and run up every so often by my best friend :} :}

Yes. you've guessed, my plane is still waiting faithfully (?) for me but my oppo just gave me the bad news about a couple of dinks on the elevator and wingtip which will need minor but nuisance repair before I can go flying on my return to real life at the end of this month.

Just careless and rushing to fly their own aircraft, an understandable moment's lapse of concentration if interrupted, embarrassment to own up - sh!t happens but ...........?

cblinton@blueyonder.
6th Jun 2004, 10:30
****ers

That has to be one of the all time low down scum of the earth thing to do.

Yes, accidents happen but own up!!!!!
What if you had not spotted the damage and gone flying to find something wrong.

I went to pull mine out of the hangar the other day to find the elevators touching the wall, no damaage but just shows lack of respect for other peoples property.

There is no excuse:{

FNG
6th Jun 2004, 12:00
If you lean on the rear canopy of a Cap 10 it may crack. When ours was being used for training at Oxford someone did this (probably one of the ATPL studes who was scared to get in to the aircraft because it's made of wood). Leave a note? Yeah, right.

Pilgrim101
6th Jun 2004, 13:45
Sacrilege - anyone breaking any bit of a flying machine should be...............................well, FNG you're the Lawyer :}

Flyin'Dutch'
6th Jun 2004, 14:04
I once scuffed the leading edge of the Tiger Moth parked behind me when I put the Robin back to bed.

Told the owner and I got it fixed by the next day.

Not because I am holier than thy, just because I want to sleep peacefully at night.

FD

FNG
6th Jun 2004, 15:45
People complain about the high charges at Waltham, but one of the things the charges pay for is the team of "Donglers". These are cheery South African blokes who pump fuel, mow grass, cut tangled corpses from smoking wreckage, and move aircraft in the hangars. Members are not allowed to move hangared aircraft. OK, aircraft still can get damaged, but the club pays for the repair.

As for leaving a note, virtue is, of course, its own reward, but many years ago when I was an obnoxious yuppy, leaving a note on the Fiat Panda I had just trashed whilst ineptly parking my Bimmer led to surprising and not altogether unpleasant results.

Pilgrim101
6th Jun 2004, 15:53
FNG

You didn't marry 'er did you ? :p

FNG
6th Jun 2004, 17:11
Pilgrim, you old romantic, you. It wasn't quite marriage.

Pilgrim101
6th Jun 2004, 17:23
FNG

You didn't "take advantage" of her did you - did you set a legal precedent and do it more than once ?

futurshox
6th Jun 2004, 21:08
On a similar note, some lowlife scumbag keyed our car this weekend. A huge scratch all along the passenger side.

:mad: :{ :mad: :suspect: :mad: