PDA

View Full Version : Caring Management

itchypuss
15th Sep 2001, 14:27
As a member of the public (used to be flight deck, gave up due health problems) I was astounded when my partner (employee of a well known flagging out carrier in the UK) brought home a memo from the company chairman dated 12th Sept, just 1 day after the horrific incidents in the States. The memo was 2 pages long and 90% of the memo was about flight punctuality. Just 1 measley line about what has just happened to airline safety.
Does this man have a heart or does he just think about profits? Does this man think that his pilots care in the least at the moment about punctuality? Life goes on of course but for goodness sake have a heart.
Sad from Kent

aidybennett
15th Sep 2001, 14:51
Amazingly insensitive. Quite why he thinks many flights are going to possibly get away on time in the current situation is beyond me anyway.

[ 15 September 2001: Message edited by: Captain James Bigglesworth ]

Sir Kitt Braker
15th Sep 2001, 16:48
Well- we can get ridiculous in our constant search to pick fault every time a manager speaks or puts pen to paper without first expressing grief and sadness over NY. Itchipuss, are you any better? Where are your expressions of grief and sorrow -or were you perhaps too busy trying to score points over someone whose job it is to make sure that business continues as best it can?

May God be kind to all those suffering in America today.

wayward
15th Sep 2001, 20:12
let it rest Sir Kitt.
memo`s about punctuality can wait.If i`d received something like this on wednesday i`d have felt the same.
On that day there was something more important to occupy our minds.

Poke Guy
15th Sep 2001, 22:36
Which airline?