PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Release of Embedded CB

Circuit Basher
4th Jun 2004, 11:12
[Sorry to use PPRuNe for frivolous announcmenets, BRL!!]

(For those who are unaware of my current complex domestic situation, I am working in Southend, but living outside Edinburgh and commute on a weekly basis). Due to recent problems posting to PPRuNe, this news is now just over 2 wks old.

On Mon am a couple of weeks ago, I got the 0630 Sleazy Jet flight out of EDI for STN and did a days work after an 0400 start.

I then had a phone call around 1940 to say that Mrs CB's waters had broken. Looking at Easy Jet schedules, I was too late to get the last flight to EDI, so decided to drive - had to go to the B&B, pack and check out, also go to work to get the laptop, so it was an hour before I got on the road!

Got to the hospital at 0300 after a dash up the M1 / M6 / M74 - was 4 hrs too late, as Mrs CB had had a section at 2300. Mother and son (weight 7lb 7oz) both OK with no problems.

Name is William Peter (William after Mrs CB's father, who died 2 yrs ago and Peter after mine, to stop any family feuds!).

Will pass on your best wishes to Mrs CB.

Now to the point of the post; can anyone direct me to the paragraph in ANO / LASORS, where it says that all PPLs who become fathers MUST fly within 28 days to retain licence currency??!!

Here are some images of the Embedded CB which got released to the outside world a couple of weeks ago:

Baby CB at 12 hrs old:
http://www.pinkaviator.com/Images/cb1.jpg

Baby CB with an appropriate T Shirt:
http://www.pinkaviator.com/Images/cb2.jpg

Just to show he's of Scots origin (registered birth in Scotland!):
http://www.pinkaviator.com/Images/cb3.jpg

Mother and baby doing well - he's even managed to put some weight on in the last 48 hrs, but isn't back up to birth weight yet.
:D

rustle
4th Jun 2004, 11:21
Circuit Basher congratulations :ok:

Now to the point of the post; can anyone direct me to the paragraph in ANO / LASORS, where it says that all PPLs who become fathers MUST fly within 28 days to retain licence currency??!! Why not just make it a "group rule" that you have to fly minimum every 28 days (if it isn't already a rule) - can't see anyone arguing with that ;)

bcfc
4th Jun 2004, 11:36
Sudden Release of Embedded CB

Best thread title ever!

Congratulations - only 16 years to his first solo! :ok:

witchdoctor
4th Jun 2004, 12:39
Nice one.

Please teach the young lad to play rugby - we need all the help we can get!!!:D

bar shaker
4th Jun 2004, 15:51
Nice one CB. Glad all are doing well.

Will you be taking a bit of paternity (flying;)) leave?

LowNSlow
5th Jun 2004, 04:04
Congratulations CB, Mrs Cb and CB Junior nice job.

You could start and instructors rating so that you'll be qualified and experienced to teach CB Junior when he's old enough to reach the levers! That'll solve the 28 day rule for you. :ok: :ok:

Evo
5th Jun 2004, 07:16
Congratulations, CB. Time to start logging those night hours :{ :ok:

Flyin'Dutch'
5th Jun 2004, 17:16
Well done to the entire team!

Have fun with junior.

FD

Final 3 Greens
5th Jun 2004, 19:54
Many congratulations to the CB family.