View Full Version : Duxford Donations Result

Mike Cross
3rd Jun 2004, 16:37
Sticky please Mods :D

I'm closing the list now.
The Grand Total is...........
377 Veterans sponsored.

That's 3016 Pounds

I should be able to process the last of the transactions tomorrow and get the balance over to the IWM.

Seager Publishing generously sponsored 50 (I've taken Ian at his word and will get the money off him when he gets back from holiday)

Here's the list of other generous folks (in no particular order)
Mike Cross
J.A.F.O.
FNG
TonyL
Dunk
Anon
TonyR
Peter Mundy
Chris Barham
FlyingFemme
Wingandaprayer
Benjamin Ayalon
Final 3 Greens
[email protected]
DamienB
Jenni Morton
David Proudfoot
Mike Wylde
Englishal
Timothy
Red Chilli
Ian Melville
Evo
Adam
Harry Remmington
Anon
Mr Grubby
Rustle
MikeeB
Mark Hewett
Martin Shaw
Flap40
Garethep
Leiafee
Colonel Panic
Treadigraph
Papa Lima in memory of his late father
Mr & Mrs Kolibear
David Viewing
Chris Colgan
Artifax Software Ltd
Rotorhead
Paul Handover
Merlin70
Flyin' Dutch
bcfc
Wee Jock in memory of her late father who was in the Normandy landings
Bar Shaker (& Mrs Bar Shaker who actually paid)
Rob Sawyer
Ghengis the Engineer
Anon
Alan Evans
Steve Copeland
Mark Baldwin
Maxflyer
DRJAD
Lefty
FlyerEd & Mrs FlyerEd
Steve Morley
Dan Barham
Yakker
Colin G
Big Red L
FlyingSniffer
Smartman

For those who want to add up that's 66 donations. Award all of yourselves a very large pat on the back.:ok:

Mike

rustle
3rd Jun 2004, 17:02
Excellent result. :ok:

Flyin'Dutch'
3rd Jun 2004, 17:54
Thanks to Mike for all the hard work you have done to collect the monies, absorb the banking costs and get the donations sent off.

I am very proud of all of you who have contributed so generously to this good cause.

I am still convinced that the museum at Duxford made a 'faux pas' rather than trying to make money out of the Veterans.

It was however extremely disappointing to find that communicating with those in charge was cumbersome to say the least.

Still we have an extremely good result and hope that the 6th of June will be a super day for all involved with some glorious weather.

Frank Voeten

rustle
3rd Jun 2004, 18:04
You and Mike did a great job :ok:

You are too kind in your criticism of IWM management though...

a 'faux pas' is saying it wrong once, apologising, and correcting the mistake. (Dictionary def: a violation of accepted, although unwritten, social rules. )

"Pig ignorance" is a far better description of IWM management's attitude to this cock-up on their part. IMHO ;)

bar shaker
3rd Jun 2004, 19:45
Mike

You have once again proven yourself to be a champion of the private aviator.

Yourself and Frank have made it easy for us to help these guys out and whilst an airfield up the M11 may now be off our lists, we have achieved the objective in getting the Vets in for free. Huge thanks are due (if not beer as well, when we meet up).

Dealing with Mrs BS is never easy, so thanks for that too.

BS

Mike Cross
3rd Jun 2004, 22:22
Late addition to the list

Emmanuel & Anne-Celine Davidson from Aerodrome de Lognes Emerainville in France have sponsored 2 more.

Mike

Mike Cross
4th Jun 2004, 08:44
Received late yesterday from Linda Quinn, Finance Officer at the Imperial War Museum DuxfordMany thanks Michael, what a splendid bunch you all are. I will certainly advise you of Veteran numbers, and also amounts donated.

Thank you once again.
Linda.

Mike Cross
4th Jun 2004, 12:32
Final Total GBP3116

GBP 2,780.00 was transferrred to the IWM account yesterday, the balance of GBP 336.00 has now also gone across.

dhs
paulc
matspart3
all snuck in under the barrier with donations as it was going down.

The list is now definitely CLOSED, sorry but I have to draw a line at some point.

I hope the weather holds up and the Veterans have a great time on Sunday.

Mike