PDA

View Full Version : Work as a UK instructor

pitot-tube
3rd Nov 2000, 08:33
hey,
Anyone learning to fly, or already in the industry in the UK might be able to help me with this one. I'm moving to the Uk in february to convert my australian licenses and ratings to the UK equivalent to get acreditation for work as a flight instructor. Do I need to convert my ATPL to instruct in the UK? Can anyone recommend any good schools to approach for the conversion tests and also possible employment? I only have 500 total time at the moment, with a seior G3 instructor rating (150 hours). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. What's the bristol flying club like?, and does anyone know the web site for BAE flight training in the UK? I can't find it.

Luke SkyToddler
7th Nov 2000, 20:50
pitot-tube: Do you by any chance work at Liverpool flying school in Sydney? If so, and you're the fellow I think you are, I suggest you pop me an email ... I will be away from PC for a week or two but I'll get back to you eventually.

The reason you can't find an address for BAEFT in the UK is that they moved to Spain a couple of years ago. ;)