PDA

View Full Version : P/T FI courses

SkidSolo
7th Aug 2000, 12:36
Is there such a thing as part time instructor courses (particularly in S/SE England)?
I'm working in the IT sector but only 3/4 days a week but don't want to commit to a F/T time due to financial restraints.

Much obliged.
SS

GT
7th Aug 2000, 13:20
Not exactly S/SE England I know, but you could try Leicestershire Aero Club. I did my flying instructor course there some years ago, primarily at weekends, and I was very impressed. In fact, I believe that they don't offer full time instructor courses as the guys that do them have airline jobs.

pondlife
7th Aug 2000, 15:40
Similar at the british airways flying club at Wycombe

[This message has been edited by pondlife (edited 07 August 2000).]

A Very Civil Pilot
7th Aug 2000, 22:11
As you're the customer, any course should be tailored to suit you own requirements.

If you're available to fly 3 days a week, that shouldn't be a problem, it's as near as full time anyway.

4Screwaircrew
8th Aug 2000, 13:44
After a few years off I did some retraining with Mike Robins at Halfpenny Green Flight Centre. This was arranged around my line flying commitments.

He works to your time table and is very thorough.
Halfpenny Green Flight Centre is at Wolverhampton Business Airport!?!!!!?

DB6
9th Aug 2000, 01:31
Another recommendation for Mike Robins at HGFC or WBAFC or whatever.

squeakyunclean
15th Aug 2000, 13:30
I did my instructor course part time some years ago with Neil Voce at Leic Aero Club. Excellent course completed at my convenience. Fantastic! Heard that Neil has recently joined 'The Air Touring Company', if his roster is anything like mine he might not have the time to fly light aircraft.

Reverse Thrust
16th Aug 2000, 21:34
I was under the impression that the JAR FI course had to be done on a full time basis, at least that is what I have been told my my club, 6 weeks altogether. This meant I would either have to take unpaid holiday or quit my job which I wasn't too keen on doing. If it can be done on a part time basis than that is really good as that was my biggest concern.

juswonnafly
20th Aug 2000, 10:31
Mike Robins

Neil Voce

Great Instructors!!!

I did FIC with Mike and FI flight test with Neil

Both very professional and made the learning a pleasure

Have fun

JWF

Capt Crash
20th Aug 2000, 16:17
Brian Mellor at Solent Flight, Southampton will be able to sort you out if he is not too busy.

I think that could be called S/SE England.