PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Portugal during Footie:a warning

snchater
3rd Jun 2004, 08:32
I was planning to visit friends in Portugal during Euro 2004 - bad idea!
You must enter Portugal via Porto, Lisburn or Faro to clear customs (Schlenn agreement has been suspended during the footie)
To use the customs airports you need slott time( 4000 Euro fine if 20 mins late), handling agent, airport approval and local authority approval!
Spent 6 hours yesterday going round in circles trying to get the necessary permissions.
Outcome - instead of staying at Portimao the Cessna will be basking in the sun at Seville in Spain and we've got a 300 mile drive to the villa! Be warned!

Monocock
3rd Jun 2004, 10:46
Would it not be easier to get a scheduled flight?

snchater
3rd Jun 2004, 11:07
Yes, and cheaper but when has logic ever come into private flying? Time to spare go by air(Cessna 182)!!

AIRWAY
3rd Jun 2004, 12:53
Nato and Portuguese Air force will be patrolling the skies... Im flying out on the 5th to Portugal ( schedule ), and dreading the delays...

By the way, Portugal to win the Euro, with France in 2 place :E :ok:

Johansen
7th Jun 2004, 06:17
Fax dated 3/June/04 from INAC says I can fly my permit a/c from Spain into Portimao (not a customs port or port of entry) on the 5th June. It also says passengers will NOT be checked at the frontier.(Flight to be rescheduled)

Schengen has been suspended to prevent some people (over enthusiastic supporters perhaps) from exercising their right to enter Portugal.

maxy101
7th Jun 2004, 06:25
Perhaps we could "suspend " our fisheries and agricultural agreements for a couple of years? It certainly doesn´t appear to be in our national interest.