PDA

View Full Version : perf A

decmax
4th Aug 2000, 14:35
Had to stop flying three years ago, because of personel reasons, re-newing my FI rating next week, question is how long is my 'perf A' valid for [sat the exam march '97']also,i,ve been told my ATPL exams are valid for up to seven years, after my last I.R, can anyone confirm this, cheers, max.

Meeb
4th Aug 2000, 20:27
Perf A is now valid for life, but as you sat yours a while ago, better check with the Authority at Gatwick on your specific case. Same goes for the ATPL exams, depends when you sat them, sorry cannot be more specific, but call Aviation House at Gatwick, they are always helpful and will give you the definitive answer.

juswonnafly
5th Aug 2000, 23:27
The CAA are now saying that ATPL exam passes will expire on July 1st 2002 unless you have 500 hrs multi crew time or have UK ATPL issued.

THIS IS VERY WORRYING!

JWF :mad:

rolling circle
6th Aug 2000, 03:18
JWF - That is NOT what the CAA are saying. We have been up this particular blind alley a number of times recently. I suggest you go to the SRG website and READ CAREFULLY the item on ATPL credits. There is no reason why anyone should lose their UK ATPL credits.

Scaremongering such as this is helpful to nobody!

MATZpenetration
6th Aug 2000, 04:48
Rolling Circle, thank you for putting JWF in his place as I was about to do the same. I have copied the text from the CAA website and posted it below. Now, hopefully nobody else will try to put the fear of god into all of us who hold ATPL passes. Incidentally, am I correct in thinking that the old rule of 5 years from 1st pass to unfreezing the ATPL still exists to maintain the validity?

ATPL(A) EXAMINATION CREDITS

We would like to correct a growing misconception within the aviation industry that the holder of a UK CPL/IR(A) with
‘frozen’ ATPL(A) credits will lose those credits if he/she does not obtain a national ATPL(A) by 30 June 2002. It is true that CAA will not be able to issue a UK CPL(A) or ATPL(A) on or after 1 July 2002 except to a pilot who held that same licence on 30 June 2002 (ANO Article 22(2)(d), which means that a national licence can be renewed but an initial issue cannot be made. However, there is no necessity for a UK licence holder to convert to a JAR-FCL licence by any specific
date and national licences can remain valid, so that a UK CPL/IR(A) can be renewed after 1 July 2002 and the ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge credit will be retained. After 1 July 2002, at the point where a national ATPL(A) would have been issued, and provided the pilot meets all the criteria for conversion of a national to JAR-FCL ATPL(A) as detailed in Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.005, the CAA can issue a JAR-FCL ATPL(A). Until such time as EC Directive 91/670/EEC is withdrawn, and there appear to be no plans to do this in the immediate future, a UK national licence can still be validated for use in other EU States.
The only circumstance in which all holders of a UK national licence would be forced to obtain a JAR-FCL licence would be if the EU mandated such a move. The Authority has argued against such a suggestion and intends to continue to do so. However, in such an eventuality CAA would seek amendment to JAR-FCL to ensure that ATPL(A) knowledge credits are retained.
Date 2 February 2000

JWF, hope this clarifies the situation once and for all.

decmax
7th Aug 2000, 12:21
Thanks for the feedback,what i failed to mention,is the fact that i sat my C.P.L exams under the old ruleing,[you had to pass C.P.L. before you could sit your A.T.P.L]but sat my A.T.P.L under the new ruleing, I.E you could sit the exams with no previous C.P.L credits. My C.P.L was issued at 350 hours, after,50 hours of L.O.F.T training, so, long way to go to the 1500 hours, just wondered if this made a difference ,cheers,max.