PDA

View Full Version : European Fuel Prices

holyflyer
2nd Jun 2004, 15:36
A quick gander round a few web sites revealed the following approximate country prices for fuel. Helpful to those planning trips and budgeting accordingly (local fields may charge more or less) :

Prices in EURO's and per litre

Austria : 1.55
Belgium : 1.65
Czech Republic : 1.40
France : 1.38 (at Le Touquet last Monday)
Germany : 1.65
Ireland : ???? (Any updates)
Italy : 1.75 (if you can get them to sell it to you)
Luxembourg : 1.35
Netherlands : 1.83
Portugal : 1.05
Spain : 1.61
Switzerland : 1.22

UK currently about £1 / litre = 1.48euro

Please do post any personal updates or regional variations

dublinpilot
2nd Jun 2004, 17:02
AVgas in Ireland is around the €1.40 mark.

dp

Fly Stimulator
2nd Jun 2004, 17:44
Amazingly enough given Scandinavia's reputation for being expensive, fuel in Sweden is extremely cheap since all aviation fuel (not just jet fuel) is untaxed. Even mogas is tax free for aircraft use, and I filled up with that at Barkarby in Stockholm a couple of weeks ago for €0.75 per litre. Avgas wasn't much more.

I also filled a Cessna with Avgas at Barcelona Sabadell on Saturday (May was a good month for trips for me!) for €0.65 per litre. That seemed to be a special price for foreign aircraft.

Makes you weep to get back to the UK! :{

Just dug out the receipt and found that, at the other end of the scale, I paid €1.92 per litre at Lelystad in The Netherlands in mid-May.

holyflyer
3rd Jun 2004, 07:28
Just been quoted 1.80Euro per litre in Ireland

Southern Cross
3rd Jun 2004, 07:48
We flew up to Sweden for a display last year and tha variance in avgas prices was quite astonishing - as much as €1.85 (I think) in Hoogeveen - plus €15 (I think) per aircraft landing fee (which they did eventually agree to waive because we uplifted about 500 litres of fuel). Sweden prices were at the other end of the scale. I think fuel was about €0.65 per litre at Dala Jarna in central Sweden.

Despite the expensive fuel, Hoogeveen is a superb place. A very wide grass runway and fast becoming the centre for classic aircraft aviation in Holland. Well worth a visit.

SR20flyDoc
5th Jun 2004, 21:58
Yesterday, Lucca LIQL Italy was about € 1,35

AfricanEagle
7th Jun 2004, 16:33
Yesterday

Brindisi LIBR Italy euro 1.70 + 20% tax
Salerno LIRI Italy euro 1.50 + 20% tax

At most of the smaller airfields the fuel pump is run by the local Aeroclub for their own aeroplanes and they aren't per law allowed to sell it to others :(

AE

MLS-12D
9th Jun 2004, 21:45
For comparison purposes, here (http://www.airnav.com/fuel/report.html) is a summary of current fuel prices in the USA (prices in US$, quantities in US gallons).

Nationwide, the average price is reported as US$2.80, which I believe works out to approximately €0.58 per litre (but math was never my strong point! :ugh: ).

holyflyer
23rd Jun 2004, 13:19
Just an update following a visit last weekend to Ireland (Prices in Euro's):

Weston 1.51 (or 1.15 when departing Ireland for UK)
Kilkenny 1.85
Donegal 1.41

Three very nice airports. Weston has improved its facilities vastly in recent times. New and extended runway is laid out and due to open later this year.

Kilkenny is a very nice grass airfield, friendly welcome limited facilities lovely historical city.

Donegal - as remote as you can get - airport at sea level with NDB and localiser. Terminal with facilities that many would envy and nobodies there. Overnighted twice cost about 8 euros! As its class C you do need to enter a flight plan though.

Shannon ATC marvellous people. Very helpful.