PDA

View Full Version : N reg in Europe

chinny
2nd Jun 2004, 07:48
Please could some-one give me some info on whether or not I can fly an N reg in Europe WITHOUT getting an FAA ATPL.

Is there any way, in the form of waivers, or any other way that it can be done with just a JAA ATPL?

Appreciate any help on this.
Thanks....Chinny.

:ok:

BBCapt
10th Jun 2004, 20:15
Well, there are possibilities to get an FAA licence on the back of the JAA, but ( and it is a big but ) in order to fly an N reg machine in Europe, and be paid to do so, you will require an full FAA licence, and that means the written and the ATP plus type ride. Sorry!

mutt
11th Jun 2004, 04:38
Look on the bright-side, at least you are going down the easy part of converting JAA to FAA :):)

Not fun going the other way :(

Mutt.

FLEXJET
11th Jun 2004, 14:19
Now here is my question:

Can a UK operator use a Cayman island registered aircraft (VP-C..) for charter on a permanent basis, since Cayman is a UK colony?

Thanks

Bat outahell
11th Jun 2004, 18:08
I would doubt it because most VP-C's operated in the UK are private cat C of A, not public transport.

Cathar
11th Jun 2004, 18:11
No. The Department for Transport's policy is that UK airlines should use UK registered aircraft except in exceptional circumstances.

I don't think the "c" word is used anymore. They are "overseas territories"

727 exec
12th Jun 2004, 12:45
I think the only way you could possibly operate a VP-B or VP-C for charter would be to obtain a Bermudan or Cayman AOC...and I'm told that is very, very difficult - even if you were to have a base in Bermuda or Cayman.

Back to the JAA AOC I'm afraid :sad:

medflyer
14th Jun 2004, 20:49
Can I take this to mean a FAA ATPL holder can fly a N-reg aircraft in Europe WITHOUT a JAA licence but right-to-work in the EU?

Chilli Monster
14th Jun 2004, 21:18
Can I take this to mean a FAA ATPL holder can fly a N-reg aircraft in Europe
It's a requirement of the FAR's - 61.3 to be exact.

727 exec
15th Jun 2004, 11:30
There is no problem flying your N reg in Europe as long as you do have the appropriate FAA license and the right to reside/work in Europe.

Can't do any public transport unless it's a charter starting out in the US and going back to the US.

Watch the Immigration thing - I'm aware of a couple of US pilots who were working in Europe without having work permits...both asked to leave and not come back.