PDA

View Full Version : Cabair Instructor Sponsorship?

ATPLstylee
26th May 2000, 17:01
Just wondering if anyone had sent a CV off to Cabair about their Instructor sponsorships, if so what have you received in return?

Im not convinced that its a great deal so can anyone tell me what sort of employer are they and what is the salary like?

Any tips or gossip greatly received.

Thanks.

------------------
"For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return". - Leonardo da Vinci.

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
27th May 2000, 15:25
Having instructed for Cabair for two years on a sponsorship, I believe I might be able to help.

As far as the employer bit goes, you give up all your rights as a human bieing for two years! and they do work you hard. They have very little consideration for you and it is a shame that they seem to want to spend the first two weeks of your actual instructing, getting you to do meinial jobs and destroy your enthusiasm.

That said...! if you can handle it, I gave up a very well paid job at 26, and went to instruct, I have not looked back for one second, I made some life long freinds both from instructors and students alike. Gained 1500 instructional hours (you have to be prepared to put the effort in) and I now earn over Ģ40K per year, flying big sexy jets out of STN.

I very nearly did not take the sponsorship offer, as it was just a Cabair one and not affiliated to an Airline....Pro's and Con's there, but I can give more details if you like.

PS I only started flying in Jan 1995...go for it old chap....I recon you'll LOVE IT! :) :) :) :)

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th May 2000, 11:35
The whole deal is there in black and white so its not a rip off or anything. From what I hear over the years the CFI gets annoyed and kicks the Flight Managers who kick the multi instructors who go and kick the single engine instructors who hop in their car leave Cranfield and find a PPL instructor to kick who then goes and finds you as the sponsored newboy PPL instructor and gives you a damn good kicking. The the CFIīs dog comes and waters your bruised shins. You donīt get to kick anything.

However. It is a job where you are paid to fly. Donīt knock it.

Best of luck,

Fokjok
28th May 2000, 13:52
Can I mention that the training and operating is of a very high standard? The first-time pass rates are some of the best too. Maintenance is generally very good, too, and the environment is a clean one.

It's easy to know you're bottom of the pile and assume that everyone walking towards you wants to kick you - once you're able to see through this, you'll find Cabair a good experience.

All the people I knew there (some years ago, admittedly) are now in good airline jobs.