PDA

View Full Version : semiars

decmax
1st Aug 2000, 18:37
Attending FI re-fresher course at cranfield next week,has anyone had any experience of these seminars,and if so has it improved your instruction, in any way? thanks,max.

zzzz
1st Aug 2000, 20:53
My last FI renewal was under the old system,but I have had a bit of second hand information on one of the seminars run by Mr. Kember.

Apparently one of the elements of the day was to plan and deliver,in a group, a talk on subject i.e. spinning or the like.
The exercise was potentially useful except for the fact they were given absolutely no feed back at all on their talks...so what was the point in doing them in the first place?

CloudWarrior
2nd Aug 2000, 01:24
decmax are you going to the AOPA seminar or the ETA one?

rolling circle
2nd Aug 2000, 02:59
What's a semiar?

decmax
2nd Aug 2000, 13:22
Cloudwarrior,it's an ETA seminar,max.

J
3rd Aug 2000, 00:16
Just returned from the AOPA seminar at Coventry. Overall - very good. Lots of opportunity for discussion across many subjects from various elements of the PPL sylabus to JAR implementation within the industry. And yes, we did get feedback from our respective presentations. Price was 188 pounds if a member of AOPA including lunch and drinks all day for both days. This worked out a bit cheaper than the other seminar on offer I believe.

BEagle
3rd Aug 2000, 01:25
Did the ETA seminar earlier in the year at Cambridge. Verdict - very good. We were given feedback about our group activity - but when presenting it to the others it was all too easy for shrinking violets to wriggle out of any meaningful particpation.

[This message has been edited by BEagle (edited 02 August 2000).]

A and C
5th Aug 2000, 13:31
I did the AOPA one in london as a part time instructor it did a good job in keeping me up to date on the JAA changes.

From the pure flying instruction it gave me one or two things to think about, the root of this was that some of the newer guys are teaching some things as an academic exercise and not teaching the practical aplication of the skill. As an example some of the guys had never considered tht steep turn as a way of avoiding another aircraft and some considered it to be an "aerobatic manoeuver".
I found that i got a lot out of the two days and well worth the fee that is tax deductable