PDA

View Full Version : Pprune airfield stars

Bluebeard777
31st May 2004, 14:12
Maybe this is going over old ground, but how about a sticky for airfield rankings in terms of friendliness to visiting GA. Pprune stars out of 10 could be on a database here. This is practical stuff, not just bare facts from flight guides. We could all avoid the airports where we are not welcome, and those run by/for bureaucrats.

Like the medium-size airport where we were charged EUR 250 for 2 nights parking a 2-seat single and a mandatory 100-place bus to take 2 persons to/from the stand (zero stars).

Or the Italian airport where supplying fuel after 1300 hrs local is at overtime rates (2 stars).

Or the French airport which kept us orbiting for 15 mins on downwind for traffic, then berated us for landing after their closing time (zero stars).

Or the many airports where we receive courtesy and friendliness (5-10 stars).

While we might not all agree on the middle-ranking ones, the best and the worst stand out!

stiknruda
31st May 2004, 15:02
Seething gets 9/10 from me and no I'm not a member!

Stik

witchdoctor
1st Jun 2004, 11:32
Still not been anywhere more friendly and helpful than Compton Abbas.

Smashing little airfield, well run, great location and lots of interesting aircraft. Not to mention the bird of prey centre right next to the restaurant.

9/10

rustle
1st Jun 2004, 11:55
Well I was going to rate quite highly this farm strip I found in the Central South, but the owner seems to have 'gone off on one' and didn't enjoy our low-approach and go-arounds, so I'll only give it one star :)

THE RUSTLER

Flap40
1st Jun 2004, 14:33
Is that a bobbing float that I see???:ok:

murphy1901
1st Jun 2004, 21:13
I suspect you are being far too harsh rustle.

Where exactly was this airfield? I'll organise a few chums and we'll fly a few low level circuits and assess the hospitality :E