PDA

View Full Version : Fabric coverings

jumpseater
29th May 2004, 22:14
I hope that this does not break the pprune rules of advertising, I'm looking for assistance as I've got an non-aviation related project under way, and I'm looking for a very fine woven fabric which requires an ability to be painted, and hung taught. Normal paint canvass is too rough and not flexible enough for the potential application.

Years ago (about 12), I used to sell Ceconite and seem to recall that 103 was the finest weave avaliable. Is this still the case? and does anyone know of a supplier in the Beds/Herts area that might be able to sell me a couple of yards/metres to play with?. It needs to be able to take a mix of maybe enamels, acrylics, emulsion paints, and possibly dye. Or are there any newer fabrics on the market which might work?, please feel free to pm me if you don't wish to 'advertise' if you're a supplier.
brgds
js

ps and the finnished article would be like a banner, and need to be rolled up not damaging the 'artwork' if that helps.

J.A.F.O.
30th May 2004, 02:23
Don't know if you got my PM as my computer went quite odd but I have a couple of metres of the heavy duty Ceconite that you can have if it's of any use.

It ain't advertising cos I ain't asking for money.

jumpseater
30th May 2004, 04:05
jafo no pm or mail yet received,
rgds
js

Lowtimer
30th May 2004, 08:17
If you only need a small amount, you could also try a model aircraft supplier, they have fine nylon covering material in packs of a few square meters, or off the roll a metre wide, usually in a variety of colours including white. Shan't name any to avoid busting the ad ban, but PM me if you want to pursue that route.

stiknruda
30th May 2004, 10:34
101 and 102 available - never heard of 103.

Can prob help you out with a couple of metres of 102 if the dark side is near Norfolk!

Stik

jumpseater
30th May 2004, 18:45
JAFO will send an email as suggested in the next week or so many thanks

Lowtimer, hadn't considered that option, I will definitely pop into our local R/C shop which is only a few miles away, good call!.

Stik, thanks again for your offer, Jafo has kindly offered some 101, I'll see how I get on with that, and possibly take you up on the 102 if the 101 doesn't work.

from memory the 103 was the very lightweight version, tres difficult to get hold even working in the trade as I used to. Perhaps its even rarer or now no longer available these days.
Ta again for the replies
js

Arclite01
30th May 2004, 20:26
Used to be able to get 104 which was really fine weave - not sure if you can still get it now........

Arc