PDA

View Full Version : 50hr checks/annuals........

Flybywyre
29th May 2004, 17:58
Does anyone have any experience of light aircraft (PA28 / C72 etc) maintenance carried out by BN at Bembridge ?
Whilst being happy with our current engineering arrangements in general, annuals always take 6 weeks to 2 months. BN can significantly reduce this and the basic price of the annual and the labour costs are about the same (so they say)
It would also be interesting to know what people are paying for 50hr checks / annuals and labour costs etc........and the time it takes to get them completed.
Regards
FBW

Monocock
29th May 2004, 18:13
The following is a guideline and is the average of what I paid over a 7 year period of C172/PA28 ownership.

50 hr check....£250.....takes half a day
Annual...........£1400...takes about 2 days
C of A............£1900+Fees ....takes 4 days.

This IS NOT an exact science. These costs and times are what I used to expect and they were never very far out.

However, I was fortunate that the a/c were not in need of any work or expensive parts. These costs can be trebled or even multiplied by 10 if you are unlucky.

Chilli Monster
29th May 2004, 19:10
In the group I was in:

50 Hr - flew over, had it done there and then.
Annual - always put aside a week to have it done
Star Annual / CofA - Two weeks.

If your organisation is taking as long as you say then drop them and go anywhere else. YOU'RE the one losing the utilisation whilst lining their pockets

Foggles
30th May 2004, 00:34
Hi try Crest maintainance @ Elstree for all cessnas

Charlie Fox
30th May 2004, 07:05
Try Channel Island Aero Services in Jersey. :O VAT FREE!!!!
Contact Bob Wright, Chief Engineer Tel 01534 742373 or email [email protected]

Flybywyre
2nd Jun 2004, 10:39
Thanks for the reply's

BN are not very good at replying to Emails, even after follow up phone calls. I am still awaiting a reply to my last Email sent nearly a week ago requesting a potential start date and turn around time for our annual that is due in September

We will not be using their services

Regards
FBW