PDA

View Full Version : Help - accommodation needed near North Weald!!

AerBabe
29th May 2004, 12:58
Does anyone know of a room to rent in North Weald/Epping area? I need something cheap and flexible as it will only be until I have found a flat to rent. I haven't managed to find anything yet, and don't have time to drive up there and look in newsagents' windows for adverts before I go on holiday next week. It will be from about the 23rd of June for around a month or two.

Sorry mods. I know the only connection to Private Flying is North Weald. If you think the right thing is to move it/lock it/ban me then go ahead. :{

Thanks. :ok:
And fingers firmly crossed... I'm not sure they would take kindly to me camping on the airfield. And I've only got a tiny single-bird tent with no phone line.

Keef
29th May 2004, 19:04
How far is "not far"? I'm on the Western outskirts of Southend, but I'm sure there's plenty of accommodation in the area. Want me to talk to the local clergy?

If you're a clean-living young lass, I'm sure I could organise something.

bar shaker
29th May 2004, 19:35
AB

I can post you a copy of the Essex Chronicle if that would help. My edition covers Chelmsford (10-15 minutes drive).

BS

TonyR
29th May 2004, 19:40
Do they not have an old aircraft you could sleep in??

Have a look here (http://www.theuklettingdirectory.co.uk/Ad_list.asp?T=12141)

tony

AerBabe
31st May 2004, 16:07
Keef - 'not far' is about 30 min each way. I can't afford lots of petrol and car maintenance.

Bar Shaker - that would be useful, I'll PM you...

There's a Youth Hostel in Loughton (about 15 min south) if I'm really desperate. Can't seem to find any cheap B&B though. :confused: