PDA

View Full Version : Pitts S2a For sale?

Barcli
22nd May 2004, 19:05
anybody know of one for sale ( in europe) - would consider christen eagle also
ta in advance

Flyin'Dutch'
22nd May 2004, 19:35
I have neither for sale but since you would not mind either I was just wondering if you know whether they handle similar/same.

Have never flown a Pitts but had a go in a Christen Eagle.

Interested to know.

Cheers,

FD

Barcli
23rd May 2004, 11:12
wish could compare as I have time on pitts s2b and s2a but not yet on the eagle !!

TonyR
23rd May 2004, 12:13
Have a look here (http://www.planecheck.com/index.asp?ent=da&id=3156), its a "b" though

Don't know if its still for sale

stiknruda
24th May 2004, 11:17
Barcli - I have e-mailed you!

FD - I have flown both, the B model and most variants of the single seater, too.

The Christen Eagle always appears better appointed than the A. Maybe it is the carpets! I have flown 4 different A's and they are all pretty much the same.

The EagleII seems less "frenetic" than the A. I ran through similar aeros sequence in both one week last summer and I liked the Eagle, the Pitts did seem (to me) to be a little more competent and flicked more cleanly but that may have been technique given that I most regularly fly a single seat Pitts.

If I had the choice of either, given that I spend an inordinate amount of time boring holes in the sky whilst hanging from my straps, I would go with the A but if my mission profile was more touring/travelling and less whanging about the sky then I'd probably opt for the improved comfort of the Eagle.

Both are great toys!

Stik