PDA

View Full Version : Jodel D9

robin
19th May 2004, 11:00
Looking at a D9 Bebe or similar and I'd like some advice as to likely running costs. Can anyone advise please

Flyin'Dutch'
19th May 2004, 12:14
R,

Gotta be cheap as they are all on a permit and with the small engine can only sip fuel.

You don't see them for sale very often as those that have one usually hang on to them.

Have you tried the jodel list (you can find a lot of useful information about Jodels/Robins and how to sub to the list on:

www.jodel.com

Have fun.

FD

robin
19th May 2004, 13:15
That's what I thought - fuel can't be much, but I haven't a clue as to insurance on that. Would running it in and out of farm strips/unlicenced fields add to the premium??

Flyin'Dutch'
19th May 2004, 14:04
Insurance of these machines is disproportionally expensive as most insurers have this notional 'minimum' charge. Expect to pay around £700-900 depending on experience.

There is usually no loading for strip flying.

You may want to have a look at the PFA website as I do know that they have some insurers that claim to cater specifically for PFA'ers.

FD

robin
19th May 2004, 14:23
Thanks for that - very useful

Kingy
19th May 2004, 16:35
FD,

I get 3rd party insurance on a VW powered homebuilt for £250. I understand that most simular VW powered single seaters are all lumped into one group.

I Know the D9 advertised for sale at the moment and it is a nice one.. bit dear though..

Regards

Kingy

18greens
19th May 2004, 16:49
Six of us in a group used to charge £35/month and £3/hour dry which was about £10/hour wet and £1200 per share.

Great aeroplane, just like riding a motorbike in the air.

Flyin'Dutch'
19th May 2004, 17:31
K,

Last time I enquired was when I looked into procuring a VP1 and was told that by the insurance company I rang.

But that seems a lot better. I would not fly without 3rd party liability.

FD