PDA

View Full Version : Hangarage near Oxford

Algirdas
19th May 2004, 07:55
Any pointers out there as to what the options might be for hangarage for a 3 axis M/L near Oxford? :{

A

steve_moate
19th May 2004, 10:42
Enstone would be a pretty good bet.

Mark 1
19th May 2004, 12:45
Not much space to spare in the EFC/Group D aviation hangar at Enstone as far as I know.

Geoff Weighell stacks the ragwing microlights up at the back end of the hangar. But I guess a 3-axis will need a full hangar space.

Hinton occasionally has spaces available.

Shotteswell may also be possible.

Is Bidford too far away? There may be some room later this year.

If you can fold your wings, there may be more options.

Orange Arm Waver
19th May 2004, 13:49
Or Edgehill.. although probably getting a bit far out for you...
There is a micro strip near Benson/Didcot have you tried them?
OAW

FNG
19th May 2004, 14:05
There is a tiny strip near Banbury (I only know this because the examiner on my skill test made me find it, the fiend). Also a couple of strips just by the Chilterns. They are in the usual books.

Algirdas
19th May 2004, 18:08
Orange Arm - do you mean Drayton St Leonards? If so, tried there - no joy. If somewhere else, not sure where you mean.

FNG - I think you probably mean Shotteswell - if so, it's a possible if nothing nearer turns up. I'm trying Oakley..... not aware of any other strips near the Chilterns other than Drayton St Leonard, so I'd better peruse my Lockyears and AFE a bit closer....

Mark 1 - Hinton could be a poss - haven't checked out Bidford, but will do! Also trying Geoff Weighell.

Thanks for all the input, chaps!
A

FNG
20th May 2004, 06:59
Yes, Algirdas, I was thinking of Shotteswell, which Mark 1 had already mentioned, but I had forgotten the name of the strip. Towards the Chilterns there is Lewknor, and one other slightly up the hills, where a Tiger Moth is sometimes seen.

Good luck in your search.

Hairyplane
20th May 2004, 13:54
My Robin Regent is based there, together with one of my vintage planes occasionaly during the summer.

No room and a big queue.

Shotts has to be the best strip in the UK. I am very fortunate indeed to be there.

VBR

HP