PDA

View Full Version : Multi hr time building at Ari-ben,anyone done it ?

robione
19th May 2004, 05:16
I want some more multi time,and im looking at doing the 200hr program,any feed back please will be gratefully recieved.Ive fired a few emails at them and had nothing back for 3 wks now.Is this typical of them ?Have you been there ?:ok:

FlyingForFun
20th May 2004, 17:28
Robi,

No, I haven't done it, but I do know a little about it having flown Aviator's aircraft whilst training at EFT last year. And since you don't have any other replies yet.....

The package which Aviator offers allows you 100 hours of P1 time under the foggles, and 100 hours of safety pilot time when someone else is under the foggles. Under FAA rules, you can log all of this time. But under JAA rules, you can not log the safety pilot time. So if you intend to use it towards a JAR license or rating, or to apply for a job at a JAR company, then think of it as a 100 hour package and not a 200 hour package.

Your flying will be almost exclusively at night, since they use the aircraft for training during the day.

As long as you're happy with those two points, I can't think of any reason not to go for it if that's what you want to do - but, as I said, that's not through any first-hand experience of having done it myself. No idea about how good they are at answering their e-mails, but have you tried calling them?

FFF
-------------

SkyCruiser
22nd May 2004, 02:46
I did some twin flying with them a number of years ago. FFF post is pretty spot on.

When I was there I had to really stand up for myself. Don't let them tell you what they want to do. I had to have a right go at them for dicking me about and they looked after me then.

Again as stated, the time counts for half under JAA rules. The flying was fun, alot of night hours, but this helps when you come to get your ATPL issued.:ok:

Flying surfer
29th May 2004, 13:42
From my personal experience I would give them a miss as if you are no careful they will rip you off, like they have done with me and many other pilots that were there. Check out the american flight instructors forum www.ilsapproach.com there are loads of posts about Ari Ben and losts of bad stories.

Be careful