PDA

View Full Version : PFA Inspector

FunctionedSatis
18th May 2004, 16:13
Hello,

Im really intrested in GA aircraft and would like to get more involved. I am a licenced aircraft eng. but my Avionics licence is only valid for a/c over 5700Kgs (JAR66).

This is why i am intrested in the PFA, would they be intrested in an avionics eng? Could i become an inspector? Its just a thought , i have emailed them waiting on a reply as yet.

If anyone has any info or can help it be much appriciated. :D

Stu,

locksmith
18th May 2004, 20:22
have a good look at this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121519&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) before you join

Flyin'Dutch'
18th May 2004, 20:37
l,

I think that is a tad unfair. I know there are issues, some of which have been raised on the thread you link to.

For most people interested in flying permit aircraft and doing their own maintenance the PFA is the only way to go and it is my understanding that for most members pursuing that goal the PFA functions adequately.

FD

FunctionedSatis
18th May 2004, 20:42
Hello

Oh dear, i read the linked thread and personally i am not intrested in the politics of the PFA, i asked a specific question.

Please do not turn this thread the same way.

Stu.

BRL
18th May 2004, 21:40
100% agree with the above post. Please let's not even go there on this thread, only answer here if you have something valuable to contribute to the original question, not what you think of the PFA, been there done that etc... :)

Windy Militant
18th May 2004, 23:13
A shame that you've missed the open day at Turweston last weekend. You could have had a go at the barbie, listened to a lecture by Mr Farley I believe and had a chat with the guys from engineering. Next one is Friday 25th June. If you can't make that there's always the rally. Come along and have a chat with some of the inspectors in the homebuilders Pavillion.
Perhaps a call to engineering, although I've heard that they're a bit busy at present and are only taking calls at certain times of the day. ;)

stiknruda
19th May 2004, 08:54
Functioned Satis,

One type of inspector that the org is crying out for is avionics gurus. More and more PFA homebuilts are using cutting edge avionics and monitoring systems.

As for being an inspector - it really depends where what sort of coverage is available in the area that you live in.

Give Engineering a call and speak to Ken Craigie.

Good luck

Stik