PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Bern-Belp?

Flyboy-F33
17th May 2004, 16:28
With the summer hols coming on, we fancy a trip to the swiss alps and Bern looks like a good place to land/park for a few days.
I cant find much about it anywhere and wondered if any forumites had been there? Any tips most welcome.

GG

bluskis
17th May 2004, 16:42
Bern is a bit expensive on fees for the average GA airplane. The facilities on the ground are a little sparse with respect to car rental etc.

Personally I would recommend Sion, which is situated in the Rhone valley, is in easy reach of several resorts, using the rail system The only problem is a 20 Franc taxi ride to the rail station. The Juras have to be crossed, and Geneva is now less than helpful to GA aircraft , but in good VFR conditions the route along the valley is very doable, including the left turn at Martigny. Geneve will at least pass you the Sion weather before you enter the valley, but they are no longer speedy with their responses. Sion is a civil/military airport with a runway suitable for fighter jets, but is also GA friendly.

TonyR
17th May 2004, 16:58
As bluskis says Bern is expensive, its about 3 years since I've been but I found the service good.

Here (http://www.flughafenbern.ch/download.php?modDolId=1) is a link.

Tony