PDA

View Full Version : Handy index of European AIS sites

Fly Stimulator
12th May 2004, 20:55
I've just discovered the following index of European AIS web sites - http://www.eurocontrol.int/ais/links/europe.htm

There's probably nothing there that isn't on the Eurocontrol EAD site (http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/), but that is so badly designed (quite apart from the large Java VM download required) that I hate using it if I can avoid it.

Aussie Andy
12th May 2004, 22:38
Thanks FS - that is handy...

Ref. the EAD site, I won't use it because they insist on having to install "proper" Sun Java VM - trouble is this b*ggers up some of the remote access stuff I have for the office. Its a stupid s/w design anyway that requires download of such heavy Java client-side guff anyway... so there ;)

Andy

Fly Stimulator
12th May 2004, 23:59
I have the same problem with software on my machine which includes its own VM. One of the few reasons I still retain a dual boot facility on my PC is so that I can install things like the Sun VM in a Windows 98 ghetto where it can't conflict with other stuff.

That EADs site must deserve some sort of booby prize for web design in general though. A shame, because once you get into it it's a goldmine of useful things.

IO540
13th May 2004, 07:02
I managed to get into it just once, and never again. Has anyone managed to do it under win2000 sp4, and if so, how?

The Java stuff has to come from Java nowadays because since the dispute with Sun, Micro$oft no longer carry it on their website.

The links/europe url given at the start of this thread has been given before, and many of the links on it are practically useless (e.g. the Cyprus one). If flying to those places, one needs to do something else; generally it means knowing somebody there who will fax you the relevant pages out of their AIP :O

Fly Stimulator
13th May 2004, 10:49
IO540,

It's the VM which forms part of current Oracle releases which is the issue in my case, not anything to do with Microsoft.

As far as re-posting the link goes, I'm afraid I must have missed it the first time round. In spite of the failings of some of the sites it links to, there are others which are very useful.