PDA

View Full Version : Headsets - Anyone got a good deal recently??

tonyhalsall
12th May 2004, 13:16
Looking to buy a new pair of headsets this week-end.

Has anyone picked up a startlingly good deal from anywhere just recently? Any good offers around?

Thanks

Tony

rustle
12th May 2004, 13:20
Well we know somewhere you can get some painted if it is any use? ;)

tonyhalsall
12th May 2004, 13:32
Really useful. Thanks.

FNG
12th May 2004, 13:38
You must forgive him, he and a few other of us are still recovering from recent excitements, which have allowed us to discuss the compelling matter of headsets in peace and safety.

Maybe try ebay if you want second hand. Mendelsohns may have some deals on new kit.

Mark 1
12th May 2004, 13:43
I bought a Bose recently direct from the states (Gulf Coast Avionics).
Good saving on the best UK price, even after postage, duty, VAT etc.

Chilli Monster
12th May 2004, 13:56
Stop, wait and either go to the states or find someone going there.

I've just bought 2 Sigtronics S-58's. Lighter than DC 13.4's, better noise attenuation than 13.4's and the price in the states - worked out to 139 pounds each! Compatibility with DC's is great (I've just done a CPL/IR over there - instructor had DC's but no problems between the two).

They are the best kept secret out there as far as non-ANR headsets are concerned. If you can't wait then have a lok at Adams aviation's website - they're the UK dealers

Genghis the Engineer
12th May 2004, 14:03
If you can wait 2 months, see if you can get some at the PFA rally. With virtually every UK headset retailer in the same place at the same time, it's not hard to negotiate a good deal.

G

Keef
12th May 2004, 14:03
I'll second CM's proposal: buy in the USA.

The dollar is very weak at the moment, so you may even make on the deal buying on credit card and having them shipped over here (but insist on US mail, not Fedex or UPS, who charge the earth for Customs Clearance etc).

Then have Richard Holder convert them to ANR. And you'll have a brilliant headset or two, for a fraction of what you'd pay in the UK.

slim_slag
12th May 2004, 17:01
Marv (http://www.marvgolden.com) is the man for headsets. His own label ANR's are a well known brand with his name painted on.

Bingles
12th May 2004, 19:13
I know you want to buy them right now, but have you considered Ebay? I bought my first headset during flying training - David Clark H10-30 for £90 in vgc. Since then I have added a second pair of Peltors which cost £40. I expect these would have cost about £300 new? I don't know your budget but the more you save on the extras - the more you can spend on the flying.

Regards Phil

UV
12th May 2004, 23:00
S2T Aviation North Weald . Trevor Archer Tel 07740 724 583.

He is selling Good comfortable headsets akin to Peltors (cannot remeber the name tho) for about £70 per pair new.
I, and numerous others at NW, have them and they are superb.

UV

Sorry !!
About £70 EACH!
UV