PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

mini
11th May 2004, 20:53
I was quite suprised to hear from a friend tonight that she had been on a flight from Germany to Spain (thinks it was Air Berlin) last summer and was allowed to smoke.

I was under the impression that the smoking ban was global.

Anyone got the definitive on this?

jettesen
11th May 2004, 22:12
some airlines ( mainly long haul) have smoking cubicles. Maybe the one she was on had. I know eurocypria used to keep the last 3 rows for smoking, so people kept moving around. this was 2 years agol ( the last time i used them) not so sure now.

Flughaven
12th May 2004, 07:02
Same as myself. Took a flight to Cyprus from Frankfurt and was pleasently surprised when asked if I would like a smoking seat. Condor was the Airline I think operating a B757 with the last 6-7 rows for smokers. Must have boosted their bar sales ...... nothing like a beer and a smoke!:ok:

Flap 5
12th May 2004, 07:54
Ah that Condor moment!

Dirty habit. The only really unpleasant habit that effects everyone around you.

BigHitDH
12th May 2004, 14:06
Hmm.

I was surprised to find that the A320 series has an ashtray right next to the sidestick - nice touch, and very "French"! :D

davethelimey
12th May 2004, 14:39
Surely a smoking area on a plane is like having a peeing area in a swimming pool? Last three rows only or not, the only way to clear the smoke without everyone else getting it is to open a window. I've certainly never found the handle to wind them down.

selfin
14th May 2004, 16:07
I wonder what sort of a fuel saving is associated with the recycling of less air in a smokefree cabin.... must be quite a significant saving when one considers BA's 747 fleet surely burns fuel in the region of €12M/day(?)