PDA

View Full Version : Air NZ near-crash A320 thread

stillalbatross
10th May 2004, 05:38
Where did it go?

proplever
10th May 2004, 05:42
Probably went to the same place the Jetscab thread went to. Ahh, censorship. Watch out for the thread nazis.

lineboy_nz
10th May 2004, 07:12
Where's that? Can we still post there?:)
How come it wasn't reported in the media?

Big Kahuna
10th May 2004, 07:33
I deleted it, not the moderator.

It was getting stupid. No one had any useful information to give.

And there were just way to many people giving advise on Airbus and Boeing systems and handling. Most of which had obviously no experience on either type.

Plas Teek
10th May 2004, 07:39
Hey BK, good call.

At least you don't let the gossip get in the way of a good story.

I'm sure one day it will get out, but the powers at be are keeping the report close to their chest.

Woomera
10th May 2004, 08:33
Mr Proplever

What was that you were saying about censorship & thread nazis?

There was no censorship of the Jetsar thread. There was simply a friendly warning that disrespectful posts were not acceptable, and that I would delete the originating post, and thus the thread if some contributors couldn't be respectful.

The result was an attempt to push the limits by the clever annonymous folk, so the thread was deleted.

You don't have to agree with all points of view. You can disagree and argue the point to your hearts content. BUT be respectful.

The following is extracted from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. Pray tell where is the evidence of censorship?

Main Entry: cenˇsorˇship
Pronunciation: 'sen(t)-s&r-"ship
Function: noun
1 a : the institution, system, or practice of censoring b : the actions or practices of censors; especially : censorial control exercised repressively

proplever
10th May 2004, 09:03
Mr Woomera!

You have my most humble, and sincere apoligies, sir.

Buster Hyman
10th May 2004, 12:59
Okay then, now that it's sorted...where were we...oh yes, Kiwi pilots are.....

;) :p :ok: :E :E

ZK-NSJ
11th May 2004, 05:10
much better than aussie pilots..........:ok:

Capt Fathom
11th May 2004, 05:42
.............at what?

Cactus Jack
11th May 2004, 06:27
Being intimate with sheep, of course!

henry crun
11th May 2004, 08:28
That's very very funny Cactus Jack, and so original.

Did you think of it yourself ?

Cactus Jack
11th May 2004, 09:00
Baaaaaaaa......!!! :ok:

lineboy_nz
11th May 2004, 09:07
A window to the heart!

montys ex teaboy
11th May 2004, 09:11
ANZ involved in a coverup????!!! Never!!!!

Buster Hyman
11th May 2004, 09:47
Any second now, big W'll come back & boy are you blokes gonna get a whippin'!!!!

:}

ZK-NSJ
11th May 2004, 09:50
well the aussie boys will just love that :E

Cactus Jack
11th May 2004, 09:53
Show us ya velcro gloves!;)

Buster Hyman
11th May 2004, 09:58
Hey Woomera. Would it be easier if we just stickied a Kiwi bashing thread, and an Aussie bashing thread?

:rolleyes: :p

Dave Martin
11th May 2004, 12:05
I was actually trying to follow the previous thread....'till it got zapped!

Could anyone let me know, at least what the rumour was. Something along the lines of an inadvertant autopilot disconnect on approach, descent to 78' RA over the Manakau Harbour (read: not over the runway of NZAA), and something to do with engines not spooling up quick enough.

No mention of it anywhere else so I'm intrigued if its an urban myth or not. Anyone have a date at least? Were there pax on board or was it a training sorte?

Cheers,
Dave

stillalbatross
12th May 2004, 09:58
They made a pretty crap job of covering up Erebus so I am hoping the flight safety dept. at Air NZ will publish something.

Douglas Mcdonnell
13th May 2004, 10:20
Oh proplever. Gee youve got some backbone. One challenge and you loose it and go to jelly. All of your hide just evaporates. Just as you credentials did some months ago.

You have the constitution of a 4 day old rice pudding!!

proplever
13th May 2004, 16:57
With grammar and spelling like that, DM, the dark corner of the bar is a good spot for you. That would explain however, why you failed the QF stage one testing.

Have a nice day mate.

scrubba
15th May 2004, 18:44
sorry that this is a bit off-thread, but does anyone still have a link to the list of people whose integrity was called into question during the Ansett NZ lock-out? the search engine doesn't go far enough back.

Formally Known As
15th May 2004, 19:25
Good scrubba

Would like very much to know myself.

Never been able to put it so eloquently myself and consquently have always been "rubbed out" for my efforts.