PDA

View Full Version : Photo Quiz

Flying Lawyer
9th May 2004, 22:36
Anyone know the name/location of the castle in this picture?

Not really a quiz - I'd just like the info.
I was too busy trying to hold formation with the camera ship to notice at the time.

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v146/FlyingLawyer/Gazelle_Leeds_Castle_COR.jpg

Tudor

PPRuNe Radar
9th May 2004, 23:13
Hever Castle near Edenbridge ... childhood home of Anne Boleyn ... maybe ?? :)

AerBabe
10th May 2004, 09:01
Show off. ;) Could have been more subtle, couldn't you?
Sorry... I'm only jealous. :(

Flying Lawyer
10th May 2004, 09:22
Show off??? Well, really!!! After all those drinks I bought you at the Fly Show. :*
Truth is if I was any good I could have kept close formation and looked at the scenery at the same time. :) If you look closely, you can see the sweat streaming down from my brow.

When I posted the pic in a different context in another forum, I described the background as Leeds Castle, Kent. A fellow ppruner pointed out my navigational skills needed brushing up, but didn't offer any suggestions as to which castle it really was.

Tudor :)

Lowinverted
10th May 2004, 13:16
Looks like Hever Castle to me!

http://www.hevercastle.co.uk/

Big Hilly
10th May 2004, 14:05
Definitely Hever.

Nice picture, shame about the horrible, noisy red thing in it though. . . . :D ;)

BH

AerBabe
10th May 2004, 14:55
shame about the horrible, noisy red thing in it though That's not very nice! After all, you can barely see Tudor in the photo. :D

Sorry... I can't help it!

Big Hilly
10th May 2004, 15:09
That's not very nice! After all, you can barely see Tudor in the photo. Oh Dear AB, sounds like you'll be buying the drinks next time!!!! :D ;)

BH

GK430
10th May 2004, 16:10
In which case, you could all be mighty thirsty:=

AerBabe
10th May 2004, 16:12
Oi, I was just referring to Tudor's own statement: you can see the sweat streaming down from my brow :sad:

DOC.400
10th May 2004, 17:56
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shame about the horrible, noisy red thing in it though
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, never trust anything that's wings fly faster than the fuselage....:D

DOC

FNG
10th May 2004, 19:20
FL, were you by any chance operating the noisy red nautical thing from Goodwood today (10th)? It distracted me from finding my sunglasses, which I had left in Evo's aeroplane.

PS: Pedantry corner: Anne Bullen, actually.

PPRuNe Radar
10th May 2004, 20:48
Pedant Medal denied :)

She only signed herself as Anne Bullen in a single letter to King Henry in 1526. In all others she signed it as either Boleyn or even once as Anna Bolina :)

Everyone is right :)

FNG
10th May 2004, 20:55
Blast, out-pedanted.

Flying Lawyer
10th May 2004, 21:57
I'm afraid it's far too late now Aerbabe. I know what you meant alright. Just because you've remembered you might need me if the CAA comes knocking. Well tough! :* I'd write to the CAA offering to prosecute free of charge - or pro bono as FNG might say.

To everyone else ..... thank you for so kindly anwering my question.

PPRuNe Radar
Is there anything you don't know?? I've just been reading your expert explanation about Spitfire squadron markings. :eek:

FNG
Not me. I've only flown this Gazelle once, for a Pilot photoshoot. I don't own it - wish I did.

PPRuNe Radar
11th May 2004, 00:10
There are a few things I don't know ... just give me a minute or so to think what they are :)

Great pics though Tudor :ok: the photographer certainly knows his stuff ;)

FNG
11th May 2004, 07:42
Further pedant frenzy: Shakespeare calls her Anne Bullen in the rarely seen "Henry VIII".

OK, not about flying, but at least it's, er, Tudor.

AerBabe
11th May 2004, 08:19
'Oh, when' is someone going to post something serious? :rolleyes: :O

Power Up
11th May 2004, 15:38
FL
I'm jealous, best thing i've flown is a 206 (which I swear is older than me).
Looked like a nice day with great views.

md 600 driver
11th May 2004, 20:09
i own it #

its a fantastic helicopter i am not saying any more

steve

bar shaker
11th May 2004, 20:12
FL

Is that blue shirt, tie and brown chinos that you are both wearing the uniform of some secretive cult?

;)

BS

Hersham Boy
11th May 2004, 21:19
Flying Lawyer- this isn't, by any chance, the Gazelle (is it?)that was parked in some land close to the Inn On The Pond (nr. Mercers' Park, Merstham) that I spotted on a Sunday cross-country walk for a pint a little while ago?

I only ask because I'm a stone's throw from Hever here...

Hersh

md 600 driver
12th May 2004, 11:03
hersham boy

how long ago certainly not in the last 3/4 months
steve

Hersham Boy
12th May 2004, 12:56
Steve

Not yours then - this was about 3 weeks ago. I was a few hunderd yards away across fields, but it was certainly a similar beast with similar markings parked up in a garden!

Mainly we have 4x4s in the driveways round my neck o' the woods!

Hersh