PDA

View Full Version : Any SA315 LAMA flying in Canada

samaviator
6th May 2004, 20:29
Hi LAMA pilots,
I am flying LAMA's Indian version (CHEETAH) in India. I want to know how many companies world wide and CANADA in specific are flying LAMA Helicopters commertially.
It's a superb Helicopter as far as High altitude flying goes. I have landed with it on the highest helipad in world in Siachin Glacier at an elevation of 19100 Ft. It's sevice ceiling is 23000 ft and I dared to land sucessfully at a helipad with Density altitude of 23000 Ft.
I want to establish contacts with as many LAMA qualified pilots as possible. Can anybody help??
Anybody interested in knowing about Helicopter Flying in INDIA is most welcome to interact.:cool:

ski pilot
11th May 2004, 09:50
samavaitor,
would like to hear about flying helicopters in india. i work as a skiplane pilot in new zealand and have a heli licence. are there many opportunities for kiwi pilots over there? on the lama thing, don't know of too many lama's left flying in nz. southwest helicopters had one but sold it.

bell4can
11th May 2004, 12:07
Hello Samaviator,

You might get more answers if you post on the Rotorheads section of Pprune.

Very few of these machines if any are flying in Canada...I remember an operator in Calgary (Western Canada) which had 2 not so long ago..one crashed and he might have sold the other one.

Regards,

Bell4can

CaptW5
11th May 2004, 16:07
I thought that there was an operator on Vancouver Island with a Lama, so I started looking and I found this:
http://www.western-aerial.com/equip.htm
According to their website and the 2004 Helicopters Magazine directory they operate 4 of them. Hope this helps.

cpotter
12th May 2004, 12:47
There is a company in Vancouver that operates Lamas and Allouttes.

There name is ALC Airlift.

CaptW5
12th May 2004, 18:09
Do they still exist? I know they were involved with STARS Air Ambulance in Calgary and Edmonton.
They used to operate from Pitt Meadows and Calgary as well.